What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Decided to re spread the java moss across the driftwood, it getting abit thick but cant bring myself to trim it down also divided some anubias.

What sizes?

Running -
56 gal betta sorority
10 gallon divided betta male tank
10 gallon male betta tank
10 gallon spawning tank
5 gallon marbled cray tank
30 gallon gsp tank
1.5 gallon betta tank (where I house new arrivals for observation and tlc before they get moved into something else)

Empty
40 breeder - will be a new betta fry grow out tank
20 long - will be new home for crayfish, their 5 gal will then be given to my newest male betta
10 gallon - second spawning tank
20 hex - will be a nano reef
20 tall - will probably end up as another grow out tank, might get turned into a reef if I can't get the hex as cleaned up as I would like, in which case who knows what I may do with the hex

I have all the equipment for them found on Drs. Foster and Smith, and will get it ordered once I figure out some stands. Thankfully the 20 tall and the 20 hex have stands already. And I plan on picking up more 10 gallons to house more males soon.

Water change on my 46g sorority tank & my 2.5g tank with 1 male Betta. Fed everyone & currently have some cucumber thawing to feed the snails & CAE's. checked my other male Bettas & couldn't find one of them in his usual spots in his 10g tank then I found him!

image-4181521022.jpg

It was actually yesterday, but I added a bag of activated carbon to my filter to remove tannins from my water (I added my dw a little too early). After just one day my water is crystal clear again.

Did a 50 % clean on my bettas tank and filters rinsed. My new betta has settled in really well and he's eating good. Tried to get a pic of him, but he just won't sit still long enough!

ForumRunner_20130804_170328.jpg

Did a 50 % clean on my bettas tank and filters rinsed. My new betta has settled in really well and he's eating good. Tried to get a pic of him, but he just won't sit still long enough!

View attachment 190227

He is having too much fun and excitement in his new spacious home!!!

Yesterday I traded a newish iron 46G bowfront stand, for a Python water changer (I needed more tubing), a mid size eheim hob filter with nothing in it no pads or media, and a hand full of connectors for the faucets and canisters, and quik connects parts, and $20. I was only asking 45 so I felt I got a good deal! Guy drove almost an hour one way to come get it!

Then found out a friend whose Betta was old, died, so I have the one I just rescued and she really was excited about a new one, she said she liked her old one and was going to miss her friend. So VERY happy he will be going to a place where he will be loved! :dance:

Doing a pwc on my snail jar and on the new rescued Bettas home with the frog since the frog had some bites on him and want to keep the water very clean. The bites are already better and don't seem to be a problem.

Made a deal to get some new Fire Red shrimp stock and some more Christmas Moss.

Will find out today if I will be getting new Fire Yellow Shrimp. Possibly some Dark Blue Velvet shrimp too! Kinda a pain since they can't go together, but either one, one type will go into the OEBT tank! Either blue and yellow shrimp or blue and blue shrimp!

Then good deal!

It worked today! This is the sixth time that she has held since January and I've never gotten to have fry. I've put her in a breeder box but she always eats the eggs/wigglers. Could I buy a 5 gallon and heater and use a filter I have on the tank?

Attachments

• image-2241754709.jpg
    image-2241754709.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 73
It worked today! This is the sixth time that she has held since January and I've never gotten to have fry. I've put her in a breeder box but she always eats the eggs/wigglers. Could I buy a 5 gallon and heater and use a filter I have on the tank?

What kind of fish?

Back
Top Bottom