What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here is my new lake Malawi setup.
View attachment 269683

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Like the variation of stone colors and that looks nice.

View attachment 269667would that be ok? There tiny on the back

Rockyofhockey _/.\_

You can always pull up and move/replant to the sides of where you already have them.

Today I shopped just a little. Picked up 10 gallons of RO/DI water and 5G of salt water. Picked up a tiny chip of some neon yellow green coral for free from the lfs It was tiny about 3mm in a 3/4 pie shape.

Little sorry I asked about a SW shrimp I was considering buying. Lfs guy said about $19.99 for the shrimp, a Emperor Shrimp. Looked cool, a little like a CRS with purple edged pincers. I made the mistake of asking about the care and for any additional info about it. Then the other lfs guy says no its 34.99. Then I looked it up online and liveaquaria was selling ONE shrimp for 79.99!!! :eek: wow!

Picked up a little Carribean Flower Anemone from the lfs box store for $8. where I also got a couple Margaritus Snails for 1.17 each and a little bunch of blackish Gracilaria tikvahiae for $1.60. I'm trying to collect different kinds.

Got home and found a blush of Diatoms in the 12G sw tank. Got all acclimated and put in the tank.

Fed the Urchin some of the tattered small pieces of the Gracilaria by letting him grab it from the tongs and stick it to his back. 5 min later I look and see him munching away at it.

Here is the Flower Anemone
Getting situated
60074-albums14227-picture68716.jpg

All cuddled in
60074-albums14227-picture68717.jpg

Here is the Flower Anemone after putting it in, pretty pink foot and mouth, mostly white, not gorgeous like the brightly colored ones but something to start with, and very pretty, with yellowish edges in the flower. It got settled right into the crevice of the stones.

Those look nice! What about the Blue Shrimp?!? Maybe it came in some plants or moss?

No idea about the shrimp, it was definitely young and I haven't added anything to that tank in a very long time.

I spent 3 hours collecting rocks for my cichlid tank and soon coming fish pond. The rocks look great and I got a LOT! I will post pictures of the finished tank later. Oh and TheresaM I love your amber barbs. :)

Thanks, I'm definitely glad I got more, they're so darn small!

Nice Malawai setup, what size is the tank?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428691471.253679.jpg

Found a second baby mystery snail! It's quite strange, they're showing up in my 45 gallon betta tank but I had my mystery snails in my 150 gallon tank. I transferred a couple of plant trimmings over that maybe they hitched a ride on, but I haven't seen any babies in my 150. I guess they could have been eaten in that one...and there are a lot more places to hide, but just seems odd.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

My tanks size is a 55 gallon. And the rocks range in color from brown to red to yellow.

Do you have stock planned or is this a re-do of an existing setup?

Found a second baby mystery snail! It's quite strange, they're showing up in my 45 gallon betta tank but I had my mystery snails in my 150 gallon tank. I transferred a couple of plant trimmings over that maybe they hitched a ride on, but I haven't seen any babies in my 150. I guess they could have been eaten in that one...and there are a lot more places to hide, but just seems odd.

Congrats on the second baby!

I added a background to my 12g with yellow Sakura and chili rasboras in hopes the chilis would feel more comfortable

It looks good! Have they been getting any more color?

Moved the tiger shrimp in with the carbon rili. Their original tank had EC and while I usually like darker substrates I could hardly see the shrimp. So that meant getting the orange sakura out of the Endlers tank which I had been meaning to do anyhow since I wasn't seeing any shrimp fry. Will be adding more peacocks to the 16g so I made another cave with almond colored PVC, sealant, and gravel. The moss ledge in the Evolve is getting a bit of brown so I removed some of the floating plants. Now I just have to do some work with the rocks for the Spec.

Thanks guys! It's only been maybe an hour or so since I added it so no color change yet- but they have been out an about more which is good. Before they kinda hung out behind that driftwood so seeing them more active is good!

Broke my brand new co2 bubble counter. Not how I wanted to end the day...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Love it! How much weight do you think that added?

Sent from my QMV7A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

About 100 pounds give or take. I am taking some rocks out tomorrow and will reinforce the stand soon. To answer TheresaM's question I am getting multiple types of peacocks and a school of blue acei and I am trying to find oddball fish to add to the tank. Here is what I have got so far: rope fish, Pleco, one spot domino syno catfish, and Rainbowfish. Also I noticed that my ruby crystal peacock had rocks stuck in its mouth so as I was clearing out the rock I noticed there were eggs in her mouth some fell out and got eaten so I am hoping there are still some left. The only male peacock in the tank is a Jacobfreibergi so I'm hoping for some nice colored fish sometime in the future.

I became lazy I was looking at my tank and decided no more water changes. So I am now getting someone to do them for me :)

I had someone come in every 2 weeks back when I was real ill ,
was the biggest mistake I ever made , besides costing a lot they just didn't care
coral looked horrible fish were hating me ect ,
next time I ever need someone to watch my tank it's up to my wife and daughter ,
outsiders just don't care!!!!

I love wc day, set out all my stuff put towels down etc, it's part of the hobby, I do have a python so it makes life a bit easier............

After a long quarantine I finally added my snowflake eel to my tank. There's a little hostility between it and the other fish right now, but that's to be expected. I just hope he doesn't piss off my trigger, that fish can do some damage.

I'd get a picture of him in the tank, but he's hiding right now
wT6OkQG.jpg

Is a Python the vacuum that starts by itself?

Yes, but only when it's hooked up to a faucet. The running water from the faucet creates the siphon.

Back
Top Bottom