What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is a Python the vacuum that starts by itself?
As mebbid said, you fix to your tap, it empty's the required amount as you clean your sand/gravel, then you get it up to the required temperature and it fills your tank, you add your de-chlorinate as your tank is filling, my python is around 24 feet long to the bathroom..........piece of cake doing wc...........

Snowflake Morays are really fun to keep. I had one named Jaws for about 2 months and he was doing great and feasting on shrimp. I did research and decided to have another snowflake. A few days later I noticed Jaws hunting a War Paint Goby and succeeding soon after that Jaws was hunting again this time for the longer snowflake. For days on end I would see them both swimming in open water one the predator one the prey. I decided to take back the second eel, but Jaws wanted live food now and decided to give my thumb a try (he missed) and some other fish in the tank (never caught anything) so he went to a large FOWLR tank that my friend owns.

Snowflake Morays are really fun to keep. I had one named Jaws for about 2 months and he was doing great and feasting on shrimp. I did research and decided to have another snowflake. A few days later I noticed Jaws hunting a War Paint Goby and succeeding soon after that Jaws was hunting again this time for the longer snowflake. For days on end I would see them both swimming in open water one the predator one the prey. I decided to take back the second eel, but Jaws wanted live food now and decided to give my thumb a try (he missed) and some other fish in the tank (never caught anything) so he went to a large FOWLR tank that my friend owns.

I am hoping to avoid that with my fish. My clowns are the smallest thing in my tank by far, so if he tries to hunt them I will just set up another reef tank. At the moment my snowflake isn't even the diameter of a pencil so it's gonna be a while.

I refilled the evap. Wiped everything clean inside and out. Added shells and a decoration. Removed old driftwood. Hoping to get some more fish soon. My cory made an appearance today.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1428805287242.jpg
    1428805287242.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 91
  • 1428805304194.jpg
    1428805304194.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 84
50 % pwc on my elephant nose tank, removed some of his plant's and put them in the shrimp tank.
Also decided to do pwc on my shrimp tank and cut back some of the plant's in there I'm totally bored! ?

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

After a long quarantine I finally added my snowflake eel to my tank. There's a little hostility between it and the other fish right now, but that's to be expected. I just hope he doesn't piss off my trigger, that fish can do some damage.

I'd get a picture of him in the tank, but he's hiding right now

wT6OkQG.jpg

Yes, but only when it's hooked up to a faucet. The running water from the faucet creates the siphon.

Beautiful. I'm so jealous. How's he doing?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I did a 40% water change on this tank and moved the decor around a little
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428940787.806316.jpg
And on this one I did a 20% water change and added the stump
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428940941.524031.jpg

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

I just scored a 55g tank, stand, Magnum 350 filter and other accessories for FREE!!. All I had to do was drive about 25 miles to pick it up. Anyways, I set it up in my finished basement and added a 50lb bag of Quikrete Premium Play Sand to it. Bought some decor for it and will place that tonight and also attempt to start a fishless cycle. Feel like a kid at Christmas.

Beautiful. I'm so jealous. How's he doing?

Well, As soon as I put him in he proceeded to dig a hole underneath my rocks. Following that I fed the tank and he got chomped on a bit by this guy

S3anLNE.jpg

although it really didn't seem to bother him. The goby doesn't really have teeth so I guess it was more of a gumming than anything.

Then he proceeded to chase this guy around for coming near him.

aQ57ddR.jpg

but he completely ignored the eel.

Since then I haven't seen him but that's not unexpected.

I'm just glad my trigger hasn't decided that the eel was food. His teeth look a lot like this (not my picture)
nt04.jpg

Well, As soon as I put him in he proceeded to dig a hole underneath my rocks. Following that I fed the tank and he got chomped on a bit by this guy

S3anLNE.jpg

although it really didn't seem to bother him. The goby doesn't really have teeth so I guess it was more of a gumming than anything.

Then he proceeded to chase this guy around for coming near him.

aQ57ddR.jpg

but he completely ignored the eel.

Since then I haven't seen him but that's not unexpected.

I'm just glad my trigger hasn't decided that the eel was food. His teeth look a lot like this (not my picture)
nt04.jpg

Hahaha quite the adventure for the little guy. What is that second fish that he was chasing around?

Hahaha quite the adventure for the little guy. What is that second fish that he was chasing around?

Amusingly enough, the Snowflake Eel was chasing around a Snowflake Blenny... To think they would be friends since they are obviously both fans of frozen :ROFLMAO:

Amusingly enough, the Snowflake Eel was chasing around a Snowflake Blenny... To think they would be friends since they are obviously both fans of frozen :ROFLMAO:

Maybe an Olaf piece of decor to unite them? Lol jk

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yesterday night realized I forgot to turn the tank lights on on the North side of the house before I went to work [facepalm] so they were on all night to make up for that and turned them off this morning and going to catch them up this afternoon back on again.

Other than that, the lighting situation with my corals and the new light isn't seeming to be the solution I was expecting/hoping for. They are dull, even with consistent pwc every week or 5 days (for minerals). I am picking up a mini powerhead from a nearby hobbyist this week. Needing to dose a little more calcium. I think I will order a 20W 50/50 bulb and upgrade the spot light option and start using it again.

Then I found a 180G bowfront tank I am in negotiations for right now yes 180 gallons, 6 feet long and I have the perfect place for it, next to my 72G. That would be my discus tank.....dreaming!!! Guys wants $400 (was asking 800) but I really have only 300 I can spend - drilled, tank and stand nothing else, no light.

I just scored a 55g tank, stand, Magnum 350 filter and other accessories for FREE!!.

Thata awesome! I recently scored a 65g hex with stand, hood, lights, and UGF for free off craigslist. Been cycling since easter!

Then I found a 180G bowfront tank I am in negotiations for right now yes 180 gallons, 6 feet long and I have the perfect place for it, next to my 72G. That would be my discus tank.....dreaming!!! Guys wants $400 (was asking 800) but I really have only 300 I can spend - drilled, tank and stand nothing else, no light.
Jealous. I want a big tank (150+) but I don't have the room to accommodate in my apartment.

Today I did a 50% PWC on my 10g and on my 55g as well. Been observing a Venustus in the 55 that's acting weird. No signs of illness, just separating away from the others :(

stick the $300. in his face say take it or leave it and turn around start to walk away, bet you he will jump on it .
getting my tank ready for all the coral I ordered it should be here in the morning, got all my plugs ready with a arsenal of glue also picked up a nice flat rock for a nice garden in the sand , tomorrow is going to be a long day , once I get everything settled in and open Ill post lots picts

Mebbid, my snowflake eels both got along great with my engineer goby, neon goby (R.I.P), and lawnmower blenny. Jaws lived with the engineer goby, and sometimes even let the neon goby clean inside his mouth. Jaws was not the cause of the neon gobies death, a falling rock was.

Finally found the baby mystery snails in my 150 gallon. Probably saw about 30-40 of them just cruising along.

Here's my bichir guarding over one of the little guys, you can see like three yellow dots in the background where more of them are. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428999380.454727.jpg

Going to try growing them out to about pea sized or so and start trying to give them away to whoever will take some.

Added some new taiwan shrimp into my tank today. 1429019352795.jpg1429019372753.jpg
Hubby nearly came home with the baby elephant nose he's been looking at! Looks like we might be adding a third tank soon ?

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

Back
Top Bottom