What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What larger wrasse would you recommend for a beginner? I really liked the looks of the sixline.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

A yellow coris would work out well. They are jumpers so you have to be careful. Liveaquaria.com has a nice selection of wrasse's so you can find stuff there and if you have any questions about certain fish, just ask.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Set up a 3g betta tank and did a preliminary planting. Not sure why the water is cloudy but *shrug*

Currently there is some red crypts, blyxa japonica, and an aponogeton whose name I forgot.

wIf3DaP.jpg

Cleaned an did water changes in both tanks. Trying to track down the cause of the green fluffy algae that has popped up in my saltwater

Changed the water in 4 of our 5 tanks yesterday.

Need to change the water in our female bettas 5g tank today and we may get some shrimp to try out in our 10g betta tank :D

I finally have cichlid fry. The female spat out 5 but I think that there are more.
1436063563238.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Picked up these little beautys for my first sw fish.

Got my low tech 20 long going. Need to get a new ballast or light bulb for it though.

10 gal wc on my 29 high tech and an h2o2 spot treatment in my battle against hair algae.

Talked to the lfs I got the fish from and I can take my assassin snails in for store credit :dance:

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Today I took a pic of my tank because after a week of a bacterial bloom it's finally clear. I don't know about you guy's and gal's but it makes me crazy when my water is cloudy. Lesson learned, leave your filter alone unless it is VERY dirty.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1436127664060.jpg
    1436127664060.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 77
Ooooh.... Thats gonna grow in nicely. Good scaping.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
Today I took a pic of my tank because after a week of a bacterial bloom it's finally clear. I don't know about you guy's and gal's but it makes me crazy when my water is cloudy. Lesson learned, leave your filter alone unless it is VERY dirty.

Won't be long before that water sprite is out of control lol

Caleb

Ooooh.... Thats gonna grow in nicely. Good scaping.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks, still learning but I still have lots of space behind the decoration to the right for something tall and low - medium light. Have not made a decision yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did a major cleanup of my (once was) puffer tank. Sadly he passed of a presumed parasite/worms so it has sat empty for a while. Probably going to put the new betta Dexter in there soon. I'm running an HOB on another tank to cycle it first. Right now he shares a divided 10g with Luis.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1436131372.493199.jpg

Cleanup results and plant growth:
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1436131399.342537.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1436131420.195551.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1436131436.145058.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1436131447.846473.jpg

Caleb

Back
Top Bottom