Whoa! Watch out for those dolphins!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is pathetically sickening that any military takes an animal, who has no choice in the matter, and trains and equips them to harm or even kill others. Just because we humans are too stupid to realize that forming prejudice, starting wars, and killing each other is not the answer - doesnt mean we have to force our disguisting ways onto other animals on this planet. Whoever found, funded, and operated such a facility and experiment is an animal themselves and person for whom I have no respect!!!

Great, wake me when the
animal-smiley-085.gif
come out.

Whoops! 8O

Armed dolphins....sounds like something out of Austin Powers. Do they have freakin' laserbeams on their heads too? :lol:

Hypnotic said:
http://www.snopes.com/katrina/rumor/dolphins.asp

Just another urban legend :yawn:
From snopes (who has been proven wrong in the past), the status on whether it is an urban legend or not:

That means that they don't know for sure if it's real or fake. While it does seem far fetched for something like this to happen, it is most definitely a possibility. Nobody questions weapons like HAARP alothough nobody I know of has seen it fired. Something like this is not out of the realm of possibility...

It is certainly possible, as the US military has been training dilphins to do increasingly complex tasks for decades....but, if these dolphins were at risk, I would think that they would have been moved well ahead of time or been secured in such a fashion that the hurricane would have needed to be a cat 5+ to even threaten them (I would imagine that such dolphins would be worth several million $ each)....nevermind that I am quite certain that if dolphins were trained in such a manner, that they would not just be sitting around armed all the time.

QTOFFER said:
Whoops! 8O

Armed dolphins....sounds like something out of Austin Powers. Do they have freakin' laserbeams on their heads too? :lol:

I think people around the newsroom are wondering why I am laughing so much.

I think I'll watch Austin Powers tonight. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom