Worst tank moving experience EVER!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chikadee

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am subletting a studio apartment this summer. Unfortunately my current lease ends on the day that my new lease begins, and I can store all my stuff somewhere for a day but not my fishtanks. I arranged to move them in a few days early, and last night my boyfriend and I spent hours packing things up and moving them in. We were almost done and went back on a final trip to fill up the tanks and get the filters going. I open the door and on the bed is this old chinese man! 8O Luckily for me, I speak a little bit of broken chinese so I could sort of communicate with him. He was the father of the girl I'm subletting from and was NOT pleased. He told me to get out and not come back until Saturday when my lease starts. Keep in mind that my tanks are all half full, no heaters, no filters running or anything. I finally convince him to let me plug in my sponge filter for my arrowhead puffer, so he won't die. But I couldn't do anything about my other tank.

I called the girl who I am subletting from and she told me I could go this morning to finish. But my poor fishies were sitting in a tank without any heat or filtration for about 16 hours. Luckily it doesn't look like there were any casualties yet, but it was definitely a restless night for me! :roll:

What a crazy week, started my first REAL job, moving, and surgery this afternoon. Oy. I'm going crazy :jump:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom