Wow, liveaquaria is going a little crazy...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay . . . help me remember . . . didn't Live Aquaria, at one time, have Reef Sharks for order? I can't remember. I know I have found places where someone could order one. I guess that is the most insane thing I have come across. One of my LFS even said they could order one. Maybe when I have a tank larger than my house . . . :mrgreen:
There are some species that they used to sell that I can't seem to find through them anymore. They used to have Zebra Plecs . . . :(

there's nothing wrong with octopus, but....

Arapaima Gigas!! 8O

they are selling the largest freshwater fish in the world

A 1000 gal tank isn't as big as you think and in this case, it's way too small.

I'm curious to see how many sells they will actually make on that fish.

But honestly . . . and I will probably take flak for this . . . if you are someone who has the means and the know how, then why not? If I had a tank or tropical pond big enough I would probably get one.

I know the real concern is that some moron will buy one and not know what he is getting into. That is a more than valid concern. That worries me too. But I applaud Live Aquaria for the disclaimer and for offering such a rare fish. I think they should keep it up.

Now if they put a Sperm Whale on there . . . well, I might retract my statment a bit.

I agree PBirdsong. I see nothing wrong with them selling these fish. They've more than covered the warnings area and it's not like they are offering them for 10bucks a piece where any schmo can buy them. But, the connoisseur who can afford to house these beauties and means to care for them should have the option to buy them.

I wonder what the shipping would be.....hmmm.... And how would you acclimate a fish that is 36 inches in length........55 gal tank?

They only send young fish. It says on there 4" to 6" is the purchase size for the Arapaima gigas and 4" to 5" for the tiger fish.

Could you imagine it though if you bought one of those fish and housed it in your tank then sold it to a zoo. Oh man, that gets me thinking about dolphins. Wonder how they acclimate them into zoos. Or even sharks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom