You Know You Love Aquariums When.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When you started with a 55G then buy a 90G, then a 100G, then a 120g and still operating all of them. And thinking of buying the 220g from your local petshop!!!

When you started with a 55G then buy a 90G, then a 100G, then a 120g and still operating all of them. And thinking of buying the 220g from your local petshop!!!

I will have
2 x 6g one that will be set up tomorrow.
4 x 20g tomorrow (freeby will bring me to 4) will have 2 running when the freebie arrives.
35g running with a pair of comets while i plan their pond.
40g needs repairs

I only have stands for 2 so not all of them are running. Will have 81g of running tanks tomorrow. Freebie will go straight back into service and i finished collecting stones for the 6g i'll make a shrimp tank. Will scape it and start cycling tomorrow. If i had a petco with $1/gallon sales I'd have to sleep on an inflatable pool toy and paddle to the door in the mornings to leave the house.

Oh my goodness! WHat happened to him??:blink:

Absolutely nothing! From all me and my lfs knows it might have been a birth defect. He's been fine since they got him in and I couldn't help but buy him after eyeing him for a few weeks. I can't post pics on here but here's my photobucket link:

http://s679.photobucket.com/user/sb...5F-4422-A905-D3993FC74F99.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

He's doing great! Wishes he could tail whip tho, tries to all the time but since there's nothing there the other fish aren't offended and might not know what he's trying to accomplish lol.

When you admire a 125G long in the pet store and your daughter who has recently told you you have too many tanks, says, you should get a 125 so you can put all the fish you love in it, or do a SW!!!! :ROFLMAO:

My landlord technically doesn't allow them either, or any "water filled furniture" like waterbeds. But, because so many people live here that still have them since before that rule was in place, he let it slide. Pretty sure mine are the best maintained tanks out of the people who live here. My neighbor has like 5 tanks but they are all terribly overstocked and usually pretty green watered. Lots of goldfish in 5-10 gallon tanks...

That's really sad about your neighbour's goldfish :-(

I started in the hobby last August, have already upgraded to two larger tanks and am a little obsessed. My family think I have lost the plot, but I loves my gold fish gangs!

That's really sad about your neighbour's goldfish :-(

I started in the hobby last August, have already upgraded to two larger tanks and am a little obsessed. My family think I have lost the plot, but I loves my gold fish gangs!

Yeah, it is. Even sadder is the fact that I lost all but 5 fish and two crays in my move back in November. I cant wait to get into my own place again so I can start over.

You know you love aquariums when you've been mourning the loss of some fish for two months...

Your family sees you from a distance down the street but don't sing out because you walk past the LFS and asume it was not you.

I got into this hobby about 8 months ago, and have already owned up to 10 tanks (6 up and running at the moment). I buy a bigger tank, intending to take a smaller one down, then usually can't bear to take the old one down. My husband has had to reinforce the beams/bracing under my 120 gallon cold-water system, and now needs to upgrade our wiring to keep up with all the tanks and chillers.
Currently running ~
1- 4g planted RCS
1- 10g planted RCS
1- 20g planted FW community
1- 38g CW marine w/pipefish & shrimp
1- 120g CW marine (former Red Lobster tank)
1- 10g SW tank for feeder shrimp & amphipods
I also have two more in various stages of the set-up process...
1- 66g CW (new home for the pipefish)
1- 44g tropical FOWLR SW (will be my first attempt at warm SW)
Oh, and we drove 20 hours straight, through 3 states, to pick up the lobster tank. Even the dog is jealous of the time I spend looking/messing with the tanks.
Hmmm, now that I'm writing this all down, I'm thinking that I may need an intervention!

I got into this hobby about 8 months ago, and have already owned up to 10 tanks (6 up and running at the moment). I buy a bigger tank, intending to take a smaller one down, then usually can't bear to take the old one down. My husband has had to reinforce the beams/bracing under my 120 gallon cold-water system, and now needs to upgrade our wiring to keep up with all the tanks and chillers.
Currently running ~
1- 4g planted RCS
1- 10g planted RCS
1- 20g planted FW community
1- 38g CW marine w/pipefish & shrimp
1- 120g CW marine (former Red Lobster tank)
1- 10g SW tank for feeder shrimp & amphipods
I also have two more in various stages of the set-up process...
1- 66g CW (new home for the pipefish)
1- 44g tropical FOWLR SW (will be my first attempt at warm SW)
Oh, and we drove 20 hours straight, through 3 states, to pick up the lobster tank. Even the dog is jealous of the time I spend looking/messing with the tanks.
Hmmm, now that I'm writing this all down, I'm thinking that I may need an intervention!

You won't find an intervention here. We just don't seem capable of it at AA. I'm in the early stages of MTS but my symptoms are getting worse. At the moment i have
20g Comunity. Neon tetras, Harlequin Rasboras (that may be false harlequins) bristlnose plecsand Kuhli Loaches
36g Comet tank. Temporary home for them
6g and 5g QT tanks
20g scaped and ready to fill and plant
I have more tanks but want something 4x2x2 feet that i can plant out and add a nice community to. I'd like to try a dutch style aquascape and i think that would give me enough space to add the plant variety i want.

That's how I ended up with this pretty girl Rose View attachment 221282

Ah, you found a name! I needed to go to pick up some things at the pet store, but I want a Betta right now and I shouldn't get things which take up more tanks, not sure I can trust myself!

...When you spend more time cleaning and organizing fish tanks and supplies than your house...

Yup! And now boyfriend wants to breed Rose and Wolverine ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391814648.711697.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391814690.679146.jpg

When your boyfriend spends more time playing with your fish tanks than spending time with you, you know you found the right one

You won't find an intervention here. We just don't seem capable of it at AA. I'm in the early stages of MTS but my symptoms are getting worse. At the moment i have
20g Comunity. Neon tetras, Harlequin Rasboras (that may be false harlequins) bristlnose plecsand Kuhli Loaches
6g and 5g QT tanks
I have more tanks but want something 4x2x2 feet that i can plant out and add a nice community to. I'd like to try a dutch style aquascape and i think that would give me enough space to add the plant variety i want.

That sounds beautiful! I love the Dutch style aquascaping. My planted tanks are all low-tech right now, but after the next two tanks are up and running I would like to look into trying CO2 on one. Do you run CO2 on your planted tanks?

6g and 5g QT tanks

86 gallons total not bad

That sounds beautiful! I love the Dutch style aquascaping. My planted tanks are all low-tech right now, but after the next two tanks are up and running I would like to look into trying CO2 on one. Do you run CO2 on your planted tanks?

I'll see if i can find the thread that made me want to try it. One of the mods here runs a beutiful 220g dutch planted tank that inspired me.
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f24/rivercats-220g-transformation-journal-248939.html
Enjoy.

I run DIY CO2 on my running dirted 20g (1x2litre bottle some bread yeast, sugar, air tube to run from bottle to tank, glue to hold the tube in the CO2 chamber and an airstone). The 36g was going to be heavily planted but the Comets destroyed that so it's got some ludwigia still planted an Anubias and other floating stem plants but i won't run CO2 on it until i rehome the comets and plant it out properly again. The DIY CO2 works great for my 20G tanks. I get great growth with dual T8 lighting using one 6400k bulb $6.00 and an aqua glo bulb $20-$30 that came with a $20 fitting I bought. Low light at the right intensity has worked better than i hoped. Not so much spread from my carpet plants but they grow well enough in their plantings. Stem plants are at jungle stage right now and badly need trimming. Crypts grow slowly as they are supposed to but they are getting larger (DIY root tabs are helping).

I'll see if i can find the thread that made me want to try it. One of the mods here runs a beutiful 220g dutch planted tank that inspired me.
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f24/rivercats-220g-transformation-journal-248939.html
Enjoy.

That 220g is beautiful!

I run DIY CO2 on my running dirted 20g (1x2litre bottle some bread yeast, sugar, air tube to run from bottle to tank, glue to hold the tube in the CO2 chamber and an airstone). The 36g was going to be heavily planted but the Comets destroyed that so it's got some ludwigia still planted an Anubias and other floating stem plants but i won't run CO2 on it until i rehome the comets and plant it out properly again. The DIY CO2 works great for my 20G tanks. I get great growth with dual T8 lighting using one 6400k bulb $6.00 and an aqua glo bulb $20-$30 that came with a $20 fitting I bought. Low light at the right intensity has worked better than i hoped. Not so much spread from my carpet plants but they grow well enough in their plantings. Stem plants are at jungle stage right now and badly need trimming. Crypts grow slowly as they are supposed to but they are getting larger (DIY root tabs are helping).

I tried DIY CO2 once but it was a mess. The glue didn't hold and it basically did nothing, no bubbles ever even came out. Your system sounds much easier and better than the one I attempted. You may have just inspired me to try it again. :)

I tried DIY CO2 once but it was a mess. The glue didn't hold and it basically did nothing, no bubbles ever even came out. Your system sounds much easier and better than the one I attempted. You may have just inspired me to try it again. :)

Well i just made a single hole in the top of the 2 litre bottle (edit) in the lid so you can remove the tube to mix the yeast sugar and water. if you make it small enough that the tubing is a tight squeeze and you have to drag it through, most of the sealing is already done for you. I have a hot glue gun that i use as insurance. A light seal on both the inside of the bottle top and outside and it is good to go. you can also cut the tube and apply a valve that you can switch off to refresh the bottle. Good luck if you try it. it is very simple really. Get the seal right and you have a cheap CO2 source that shouldn't ever suffocate your fish. I have run three bottles at once to try and clear algae and the fish seemed fine for the fortnight i had three bottles running.

Back
Top Bottom