You Know You Love Aquariums When.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've been doing it for six and a half months, and I have 6 tanks plus one that isn't in use (dad insisted that when we upgraded, it was actually an upgrade, not a "we need this tank and the other one too!" Sorta thing) but I want to set it up as a shrimp tank. Oh I forgot the little one gallon unfiltered unheated bowl we are using to grow Christmas moss (along with algae) and we might get a shrimp for it! Berried female, here I come! XD

I also came into it because I hate how the fish are treated at petco and I love the little babies!

When you run out of flat surfaces for tanks so you start adding them slowly but surely in your girlfriend's house.

Also, writing this while sitting outside of my LFS waiting for them to open.

When you have enough spare items floating around the house that you can throw together a whole system in a minutes notice for your hubby when he brings home a new goldfish that will eventually be put in the pond.

Yeah, this is my life. Hubby will find goldies all winter long. We raise them up nice and strong until summertime, then release them into the pond.

When you spend hours staring at an aquarium, and carefully observing each scale of your fish, each fin, and meticulously noticing even the slightest amount of algae, or left-over feed sitting on top of substrate, or something left behind by an invertebrate (e.g. shell of shrimp) and of course, immediately doing something about it,

before returning back to that hours of staring again :D

When you spend hours staring at an aquarium, and carefully observing each scale of your fish, each fin, and meticulously noticing even the slightest amount of algae, or left-over feed sitting on top of substrate, or something left behind by an invertebrate (e.g. shell of shrimp) and of course, immediately doing something about it,

before returning back to that hours of staring again :D

I thought I was the only one who did this. I will sit and stare for hours. My hubby will ask what I'm doing, I tell him making sure things are fine. He'll walk off, come back some time later, I'm still sitting there. He'll ask again, I'll tell him the same thing. He'll look at me funny, walk off again. He comes back, I'm still sitting there, he'll ask me if I found something, if I say "grab the python" he knows something is up. :brows:

It's called training the spouse.

When you run out of flat surfaces for tanks so you start adding them slowly but surely in your girlfriend's house.

Also, writing this while sitting outside of my LFS waiting for them to open.

Laughing out loud as we "speak"!!

Sent from my EVO using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Seriously, I need a bigger house! Woman cave ;)

I share a room with my sister and we have four to five tanks going in the room with two beds two desks closets bookshelves etc. I might get rid of some books to get another tank. You will find room!

When you save you $25 per week spending money for the Aquarium Society Spring Auction and sale, and have to go by yourself because no one else wants to spend the day with the fishes!

When you walk into a walmart for the first time in 15 years because its the only place open when you get off work, and you need fish supplies now.....
*shudders*
My fish are worth it though...

Sent from my XT907 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

When you've learned to be quiet about anything that has to do with your tanks outside of this app because everybody else just sighs and blanks out when you talk about them. :(

When your friend walks in the door and says "Wow you have a lot of tanks!" So you set a goal not to talk about them for a day.

When you have a friend over to play and she goes "Oh that one (fish) is cute!" And you break your rule, giving the justification that she's interested (which she really isn't)

XD these happened twice this week

Ha, I claimed the house except for my hubby's bathroom, the bedroom, the computer room and the garage.

Although he has put his foot down on anymore tanks since he is the one who would have to move anything heavy. *sighs*

When your husband says I need to attend meetings at the real AA for my addiction to AA and all things aquarium.

When the betta tank you bought to go in your daughters room ends up going in the kitchen instead cause you'll get to see it more in there.

When the floor/substrate in your tanks gets vacuumed more than your carpet in your home. (Way more) :-/

when you spend over a grand in a hour to replace everything on tanks that's about to die (filters pumps ect) than having to wait over a week to get everything , hoping things hold out till the new ones get here
they are just so loud

When you find yourself convincing your wife how much she needs that $300 designer purse with matching accessories so that you can use it against her later :)

Back
Top Bottom