You Know You Love Aquariums When.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When you go to petco to get a guppy to reduce harassment of your current female just to come home with 3 and some frozen bloodworms!

When you set up a tank to grow moss in and it ends up growing algae, so you are considering getting a shrimp to eat the algae :p

When you always say this is my last tank and 2 years later get 5 more tanks!

When you get a black out and care more about your fish then others

When your hands smell like excel because you spilled it on them and you're pretty sure it's bad for your skin but you don't care because you like the smell.. A lot... Yes, I really like the excel smell!

When you think the friends you have made on AA understand you more than your family
I don't even like talking about my tanks to anyone but you guys.. I get funny looks, ok.. Why ask me about my tanks if you're just going to mock me and roll your eyes?? Hmm I think we should talk about the weather.. Or current affairs.. What's your take on Russia and Crimea? Nothing??? Ok well it sure is cold out today..:banghead:

I don't even like talking about my tanks to anyone but you guys.. I get funny looks, ok.. Why ask me about my tanks if you're just going to mock me and roll your eyes?? Hmm I think we should talk about the weather.. Or current affairs.. What's your take on Russia and Crimea? Nothing??? Ok well it sure is cold out today..:banghead:

Thankfully my boyfriend likes fish too so he's a keeper, but my family thinks I'm insane for having 4 tanks

Thankfully my boyfriend likes fish too so he's a keeper, but my family thinks I'm insane for having 4 tanks
my gf tolerates it ok, the babies got her re-interested. My parents think it normal for me because I use to keep frogs in trashcans and snakes in Rubbermaid bins when I was a kid.. It's everyone else haha..

Haha nice bro! I use to run around catching baby frogs while all the other kids were playing on swings and slide. Right then and there I knew I was more awesome!

I know how people feel about the eye rolling and loud sighs of resignation when i unleash the Aqua Al79 range of fish talk. I visited my sister today and wasn't talking, just thinking about my fish. She mentioned how quiet i was. I told her what i was thinking about and she told me not to bother talking about fish if that was all i had on my mind :nono:

To her credit though she has a very accurate idea of how many fish i stock in my three running tanks and learned what Kuhli Lurches (her name for them) and other stock are all called. She's not anti fish but does not like me talking about tank scapes and plants much. Having a fish loving girlfriend might be good. I'll have to start dropping pick up lines at the LFS instead of pubs or nightclubs ;)

I've been doing this for 3.5 months and I have 2 tanks. I'm doomed.

Sent from my EVO using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I've been doing this for 3.5 months and I have 2 tanks. I'm doomed.

I've got you beat. I'm in at about 2 months and have 2. Well until today when I bought a 3rd. Got a betta tank to set up in my daughters room. I think I'm in deep. Lol!

Its comforting knowing I'm not alone! Oh if I had the cash I'd be right there with ya :)

I started in October and have 12 tanks currently set up (7 are bettas) and have 6 empty tanks that i am slowly buying parts for.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

When you spend $22 to treat a sick fish worth $2. It still dies. Sorry to hear your little aquatic buddy died Mecha.

I've got you beat. I'm in at about 2 months and have 2. Well until today when I bought a 3rd. Got a betta tank to set up in my daughters room. I think I'm in deep. Lol!

I've beat you aswell as I've been doing it 2 months and now have 3 tanks and looking for space my home for a other lol

Back
Top Bottom