You know you're an aquarist if...(just for fun)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When you are looking forward to the Monday or tuesday after Xmas because it's when you get to pick up your new 55 gallon. ;)

When you sit and watch your tank everynite, instead of household stuff and end up replaying the same tv show over and over cause you don't pay attention to it.

The people at the LFS know your name, your boyfriend's name, where you work, the days you usually work, what is in all your tanks, and can guess what you came in for. And if they get something unusual in by accident they just give it to you. This falls under "you know you've found a good LFS when..." too. Oh, and they hold the tank you love for over a month, despite many people wanting it, and letting you pay it off as you can.

absolutangel04 said:
Lol, once I answered the door while holding my big gravel vac, and the poor salesman's eyes got HUGE. I think he thought it was for pumping up something different... But I know I am an aquarist, because I didn't even blush.

I wanted a longer hose for my vac, so I took the short stubby hose off and took the business end of the vac to Home Depot....it didn't dawn on me till many points and stares later what it looks like! OOPS!! hehehe

Sisserydoo said:
you go to sleep thinking about fish...dream about fish...wake up thinking about fish!

I had a dream / nightmare that my sister put all my male bettas in one small pond and I started crying and jumped in there to save them....??

When your wife or girlfriend refers to your tank(s) to her friends and family as the "other women"!

I hear this weekly.... LOL

When friends who haven't been to your house before go immediately to your fishtanks they have so much about and wait for you to introduce them to the aquatic gang.

When by the time your company leave the house they not only know what kind of fish you have but they know their names, who's the tank boss, when he done his last shimmy dance (and for who), what babies go with what moms and who the tank wuss is....

When your baby-sitting the little kids next door and they run over to your tank going "fishies wishies dishies fishies!!". They then procede to call the glowlight tetras "poisen fishies" because of the bright orange streak they have...oh my:D

When you sit patiently by the window watching for delivery man. So you can do a hand to hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom