10 gallon planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i think i missed something, is your current light fixture a "screw in" one, or a straight tube one? what does the bulb say on it (eg. watts, color temp(k) )?

its a screw in one i think, its really old it doesnt even give me any info on the bulb or hood

ahhh, its a t8 bulb, so you can not switch that bulb out for a spiral cfl, im pretty sure you can get a dual incandescent light for like $20 for a 10 gallon, and just switch the clear bulbs with spiral cfls. with your current light you would be able to mostly only grow low light plants such and crypts, java moss, java fern and anubias, and will not need co2.

okay thanks, can i switch the bulb out for a nicer t8 bulb to get better results?

okay thanks, can i switch the bulb out for a nicer t8 bulb to get better results?

well every t8 bulb that will fit your fixture will have the same wattage, so it will not be any stronger then the one you all ready have, but you can switch the color temp to be more suitable for plants (6500k - 10 000k)

so what would make it look brighter, and not yellow, i would like to have a whiteish color, and if needed i have a desk lamp thingy that i could put on the tank.

so what would make it look brighter, and not yellow, i would like to have a whiteish color, and if needed i have a desk lamp thingy that i could put on the tank.

A desk lamp would also work, and if you want a white bulb go for a 10 000k rated one. Or "cool-cold white".

k ill look around for one
thanks for the help :)

Back
Top Bottom