2.5 gallon planted build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Once i get the new light for it, i would like it to carpet, but its a slow growing plant, and i have kinda high light, but since im not at my gmas house i cant dose any ferts. So its a plus if it does carpet, but idk if it will as of right now.

I added the same filter to my tank two days ago, lol. I'm debating on whether or not to move my anubias so it won't grow algae.

It does seem a bit big, but if it works good, i will prob keep it.
Since my gma wants rcs, the filtration will help.
She also said that there is no algae, which is good.

I use a Duetto 50 filter in my 2.5 and it works like a charm. I recently did a big cleaning job on my tank after getting back from vacation and in a matter of minutes my filter cleaned up all the debris and the water was clear again.

My gma wants fish now:(, and i can only come up with 1 idea, and i dont know if it would be alright.
Would a betta work?
The sponge filter will be in there, but no heating.
Her house does fluctuate temps a but from day time to night. Would this be a problem?

My gma wants fish now:(, and i can only come up with 1 idea, and i dont know if it would be alright.
Would a betta work?
The sponge filter will be in there, but no heating.
Her house does fluctuate temps a but from day time to night. Would this be a problem?

Top Fin makes a tiny heater that you can put in there. It's flat so it fits right up against the glass. I've had mine for a week now and so far it works perfectly. Then you could keep a Betta fine no problem.

Here is my 2.5 I have a female betta and an anubias I believe. I can't remember the name of the heater but I got it at petco for 12 bucks it keeps temp about 78 or so.

Attachments

• image-3905686370.jpg
    image-3905686370.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 133
The tank will need a tiny heater and with it being that small if you could get some Endler males, clown killifish, or some other tiny nano fish they all would work.

Thanks!

I will probably order it tonight.
My gma is really getting into aquariums now.
I told her it was addicting and now fish stuff is all she talks about lol

Alrighty...

Im looking at the tank, and it needs a good cleaning. There was an algae bloom, but thats to be expected. The plant in the back corner, were my gma thought was dieing, is actually doing good, theres just algae on it.
I need some opinions on were i should place the sponge filter. The sponge is in my filter at home, so i just have the filter section.
Heres a pre cleaned up pic of the tank, and the filter.
I will post a pic once its cleaned up in a lil bit.

Attachments

• image-3101027942.jpg
    image-3101027942.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 100
  • image-511063382.jpg
    image-511063382.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 91
Being a small tank I'd try putting the sponge close to the center so it can draw from both sides of the tank. Somewhere behind the moss ball would be a good spot IMO.

Hmm...

It can fit were the moss ball is currently, but there isnt room around it.
Maybe i should get rid of it.
I do have someGood news.
The micro sword has some runners!

Attachments

• image-561114681.jpg
    image-561114681.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 74
That good the sword is getting runners! Is there a way you could sit the moss ball on top of or balanced between the rocks yet still on top of them on the right side of the tank?

Yea, that will work.

Ill tinker with how it looks once i get the filter in.
The heater and pump shipped, and i will get everything running on the tank by thursday, or friday of next week.

Back
Top Bottom