2.5 gallon planted build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hate those cups with a passion. The other day we had to go in Pet Co to get some cat food and they actually had some huge King bettas in those cups. They were so big they literally couldn't move. They were the same length as the cup was! It was really sad to see. But on an up note I'm glad she's enjoying him.

Beautiful twin tail you got there! Yeah, they used to ship them wrapped in damp newspaper. They were always alive though. Pretty scary.

Im going to upload a cpl pics with my gmas good camera in a lil bit

This is the first time that i tried to upload a pic on the computer, Im not 100 percent sure this will work

Attachments

• DSC00155.jpg
    DSC00155.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 99
Thanks!

He really likes the tank
Hes super active
He hasnt really ate much
There is a flake floating on top of the water, and he hasnt ate yet.

My gma called and she said the betta passes away...
She did the wc's, and she did what i told her to do, so she wanta to give it another shot.
I wish i would have got her a 5g or 10g.
This tank is hard to work with

On the other hand the plants r thiving

Yeah, little mistakes truly do make a bigger impact in a small tank, but once learned things start to go smoother. It would be great if she kept at it. Having a written list of the steps for everything from feeding (like say, 5 pellets twice a day) to water changes may be a good idea. Having steps written out can make things easier for beginners and experienced fish keepers. If she would be interested, a betta book may even be something she'd enjoy having. It's unfortunate but these things are common. Few people get everything right in the beginning.

Yea, i wrote all the chemicals to add, and everything.
I guess a betta book will be good.
Would it be easier to get her 3 rasboras or a nana fish?
I know a 2.5 is small, but idk if she wants a betta again.

Yea, i wrote all the chemicals to add, and everything.
I guess a betta book will be good.
Would it be easier to get her 3 rasboras or a nana fish?
I know a 2.5 is small, but idk if she wants a betta again.

A 2.5g is too small for fish. Red Cherry Shrimp would be ok.

Nano fish usually need at least a 5-10g.

I think im going to take the 2.5 and give her he 10 gallon in my basement.
That way she has alot more water, i already have a heater, light, and i can take the aqueon 10 off of my 40 gallon bcuz it isnt needed.
It will be a low light tank, and i will prob have to buy a light for the 2.5

Idk if rcs would be a good idea for her, if i get the tank, i will get some.

I think getting her a 10 is a great idea. A betta would still be ideal because despite her loosing one they're still more resilient than almost anything else. If the tank will have a heater and a HOB filter it should be easy going. Of coarse, you have other options with a 10 but they may be riskier. A few Amanos for bottom feeding may survive life with a betta but that depends on the betta. I have a tiny CRS in with my betta that's been doing fine for over a month so I plan on adding a few more. A different betta may have eaten the little popper right away.

Would it affecty my 40 gallon if i was to take off the aqueon 10?
My other filter is a emporer 400 that has well established filter media

The Emperor 400 is way enough filtration for a 40 gallon. I used one on a 55 gallon planted tank for about 8 years and never needed anything more other than a powerhead or two. You should have an easy time transferring over your small filter to the 10. I would clean the floss in tank water now but not again for a while after you transfer it over.

Alright, ill prob move the stuff this weekend if my gma is up to it. Ill keep u guys updated

Im thinking about doing black sand, and a black background.
Would this look good?

Yea, the sponge was from a cycled tank. I dont really test my tanks. My gma did wc's as advised, so idk wat went wrong.
The betta was not eating either, so im not sure how healthy he was.

Back
Top Bottom