20H Aquarium Log

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Promisedsin

Aquarium Advice Regular
Wooo First aquarium log.

My set up currently is
Aqua Clear 70
24" Coralife Double Linear T5 (30 watts)
16lbs of Flora-max Midnight
10lbs of Black Tahitian Moon Sand
Nutrafin CO2 system I might add

I was super excited to get my 20H set up and running last night but the enthusiasm as run out. As of 7pm EST last night this is what my tank looked like with only the Flora-max in it.

img_1152582_0_982c3aa2eeeca78246539bed96a0ad25.jpg

As of 7pm today, with no fish, my tank looks like this.

img_1152582_1_e2c611aa8eb41183e13bb7db389802a8.jpg

I'm not liking how it looks. If anyone has any ideas how to arrange it or plants to add/remove it would be appreciated.

Good aquascaping needs a focal point for the eye. You have to decide what part of the aquarium you wish people to focus on when they look at it, especially you, who are living with it.

I can't tell what plants you have in there but stacking your biggest rock in the back center, with the smaller offset to the front on the left side (my view) would be a good start. If thats a marimo I see, set it in the cradle of the rock that will be on the left. Behind the offset rock plant your highest plant. You can then move the others around for the best visual effect. If you don't like it, or only sort of like it, you can always move it again.

Let us know what kind of plants you have in there and good luck. I hope to see another photo soon!

Fill the tank up all the way....hard water stains are something you will regret in the future...

The tank is filled all the way up. I was putting in water from the old tank. That is just all the new water. I drip acclimated the fish to the new water in buckets and let the water clear up a little before putting the fish in.

The plants in there are currently just some swords and some stem plants I don't remember the name of. I plan on adding some smaller stem plants that I got on accident with the plants I purchased. I want to get more rocks, or maybe some driftwood to put in there. Any plant suggestions for the fish I have would be welcomed.

I also thought about getting a pair of Austrolebias Nigripinnis but the store only has a male.

Back
Top Bottom