40g breeder update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DragonFish71

Great white snark
So, I received an awesome care package of plants on Wednesday. After letting them warm up to room temp, then floated them over night in a tank, I got around to planting them today in my 40g breeder GBR tank. Now, this isn't a total re-scape or anything. I'm waiting impatiently for everything to grow in so that I can scape it better. *chants* "grow grow grow" This tank has pressurized CO2 and I remember to dose ferts more often than I do my other tanks ;)

The first picture is the before and everything else is after:

and here are the pics, eeesh

Attachments

• 40 GBR.jpg
    40 GBR.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 125
  • 40 GBE 1.jpg
    40 GBE 1.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 125
  • 40 GBR 2.jpg
    40 GBR 2.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 118
  • 40 GBR 3.jpg
    40 GBR 3.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 122
HI Dragon.
Great tank! The red adds well to the green. I had to smile as I have two of those same Pristella tetras in my 29g. One regular and one of the white ones. Looks good!
lol. I'll do a Voo Doo chant for your plants too. Enjoy! OS.

Nice tank! I gotta agree with OS on how the red contrasts the green and brings the colors out :D
Love those fish as well though I've never had those species. ;)

HI Dragon.
Great tank! The red adds well to the green. I had to smile as I have two of those same Pristella tetras in my 29g. One regular and one of the white ones. Looks good!
lol. I'll do a Voo Doo chant for your plants too. Enjoy! OS.

Hey OS,

Thanks though it's nothing like yours. I hated having to cut back my anubias so much since it's taken over my center piece of DW. It's been in the tank since I started it over 4 years ago. Ah well, found good places for it in other tanks :)

The Pristellas are fun little tetras. They keep the rams honest. Both of which started their spawning rituals after the planting yesterday. This should be fun.

Nice tank! I gotta agree with OS on how the red contrasts the green and brings the colors out :D
Love those fish as well though I've never had those species. ;)

Yeah, I love how the red stands out. Even my hubby, who always just looks and says "nice" said how bright it looks with the red.

Pristellas are fun tetras, not too nippys, not to shy. Always right out front and they stand their own ground with my rams, who can be total snots.

An interesting bit of history to our newer generations of hobbyists. The prestilla tetra was one of the first of the South American tetras to enter our hobby back in the early 30s. It is not as popular today due to the many more colorful species that have been discovered since then. But it is still a hearty, vibrant fish to have in any community of South Americans. It is thought of as one of our pioneer fish to the hobby. OS.

I have a thing for albino or albino looking fish. Yes, I do like colorful as well. In my angelfish tank I have a herd of albino cories, some golden dojos and an ABN pleco.

ABN. Does that stand for Albino Bristlenose Pleco? I bet that's a cool looking fish!
Now that I can see more of my dark background in the 29, the white Pristella really pops out. Wish I had three more now. OS.

ABN. Does that stand for Albino Bristlenose Pleco? I bet that's a cool looking fish!
Now that I can see more of my dark background in the 29, the white Pristella really pops out. Wish I had three more now. OS.

Yeah ABN stands for albino bristle nose pleco. You've never seen one?

Yes it does. I have two breeding pairs of them. Though mine are more of the orange variety.

Ha, have to get them out in the open first. Right now all I can see is the butt end of one of the males sticking out of his cave while he guards a new batch of eggs.

Though I do have a tub of babies.

Our LFS's are lucky to have more than one strain of guppy. We have terrible fish stores here. I have to drive 60 miles to the nearest decent one. OS.

Ha, have to get them out in the open first. Right now all I can see is the butt end of one of the males sticking out of his cave while he guards a new batch of eggs.

Though I do have a tub of babies.

Wow! I've always wanted to breed plecos! Is there a notable difference between males and female plecos? How easy is it to breed them?

Back
Top Bottom