55 gallon planted angel tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know one thing, I'll miss the look of my GE 9325k's. I might order the 4pk replacement bulbs with one 10k, 2 6500k, and the pink freshwater bulb.

Some updated pics of tank I'm supper happy with this light I can finally grow swords I've been able to keep them alive but now I'm seeing some extreme from them

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20111017_224800.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111017_224800.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 77
  • ForumRunner_20111017_224825.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111017_224825.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 88
I just got the tracking number for mine today!!! I'm stoked! Plus my angels are breeding lol!

Updated fts and pic of my new reed tank

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20111023_220458.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111023_220458.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 63
  • ForumRunner_20111023_220519.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111023_220519.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 68
azure bones said:
Ok the long wait has finnaly ended i got the odyssea 3x54w t5 ho light with built in timer. This is exactly what i ordered
eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

First things first if you put this all together the legs will not fit correctly on the frame of a normal 55gal tank. I cut these little rubber boots on the screws down so i could unscrew them more so it whould fit over the frame. next i will say im not completely impressed with the legs they are quite weak feeling made of cheap plastic im sure they will hold just seem sketchy.

I tried to replace these with coralifes version of almost the same thing. but the are that goes up is to short it will all screw on but the light cant come down all the way so it actually shines on the tank.

other then that im quite satisfied with the light the nexts pics will be of the light it produces and how they compair to the shop light.
ok this is with one t5 on only

ok this is with 2 t5s only

ok and now with all 3 t5s on

and just go back in the thread to see the pics with the shop light

and here are the night lights as always the camera does these no justice they look good in person

ok so overal for $80 i am very satisfied the legs are a little flimsy and look like they whould break under heavy pressure but should hold the light fine. but for less the half of the next best light what do you expect. i will keep updating this to show the effects on growth if any

I bought the same light a few of months back. I love it. I replaced the actinic w/a ZooMed daylight bulb (6500k maybe?)

Have my timer set for single daylight tube to run most of the day. The twin 10k tubes are on for just a window (6 hours) to kind of simulate the midday sun.

So far, it's great!

As far as the mounts not fitting without mods- I didn't have that problem. It just did barely fit.

I haven't read through the whole thread yet, but you will definitely need CO2!

And from what I have seen so far- your tank is looking good!

Im running co2 and mine was all 6700k bulbs but I'm getting some algae issues mostly bga and green spot buy it is still a family new tank and I only keep the lights on for about 9 hours

I just got mine in the mail today!! Got the 1 bulb going from 10pm - 4am, all three from 12am - 2am, and the lunar lights from 4am - 6am. Going to run only a 6 hour photo period until I can get some more plants in this thing. I too didn't have to mod the legs to fit. I just had to remove the rubber tips and put them back on inside the tank, no biggie!

IMAG0119.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom