8g cube rescape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pezzep

Aquarium Advice Freak
So here's the story, set up the tank the first time around used dirt with a gravel cap. I used to much dirt and not enough gravel, the tank turned into a mess and gas built up in the dirt. Tore it down, now I have this. Way less substrate and made sure I compacted the dirt real well. Let me know what you think.

image.jpg

Plants:
Top left, gold nesaea
Top right, some sort of rotala
Middle between rocks, alternanthera reineckii
Bottom left, bocapa Carolina same as bottom right
Middle in front of rocks, I believe is four leaf clover
And foreground, dwarf baby tears.

Everything looks really nice, except the smaller stones look a little too "arranged."

Might want to mix them up a little bit. Otherwise, very nice tank. I hope it works out. (y)

Yeah I'm still unsure of the entire scape looking to take any advice, thanks for the kind words :). I'm sure I'll end up rescaping again too once summer comes and I can gather more rocks from my cottage. Do you think there is to much red in he centre? I was messing with the idea of putting the bacopa Carolina in front of the red rock then the althernanthera renikii in the bacopas place.

Have you ever used the finnex planted + fixtures? If I were to get a second 12inch fixture any idea how much PAR that would be? Cause right now I'm using one 12inch planted plus and a 13w CFL but the clip that holds the cfl to the tank is a poor design and cracked.

Back
Top Bottom