A couple of calculators you might like.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wet

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi. I interacted with JustOneMore20 on one of the few other forums I'm a regular at, and it made me think how I'd never shared these calculators on AA (I was czcz when I had more time for forums), and you may find these calculators useful, too.

Concentrations of Stuff vs Time and Plant Uptake using The Estimative Index will help you see what happens when you dose or don't do water changes in your tank. Red is what happens if you don't have plants (or they are dying), the rest is what happens when you have growing plants you trim regularly. This is what Plantbrain/Tom Barr calls "The EI Calculator" (which I am humbled by), but it'll work with any method. You can do 0% water changes, for example. "Stuff" can be nitrate or nitrogen or phosphate or whatever else you'd like.

Yet Another Nutrient Calculator - But if you have trouble conceptualizing "Stuff", this calculator is like the Fertilator. But click through and it will convert "Stuff" in the above calculator to your actual stuff (like NO3 or PO4 or whatever).

The new and improved drop checker for target CO2 calculator - There's at least three easy ways to use this calculator:
A) Use it to figure out how to make your own drop checker solutions for any CO2 you want. (A calculator for Hoppy's great work on 4dKH drop checkers, but not caring if you want, say, 20ppm CO2 or 45ppm CO2.)
B) Use two drop checkers and make CO2 a smaller ballpark. (A long time ago a bunch of folks on AA looked at what Hoppy did with drop checkers and wondered what two drop checkers would do.)
C) Enter whatever you want for CO2 target. But use your tank instead of a mixing container and my calculator is a Baking Soda to KH converter. (You get an entire usable output.)

Hope you like them. Hey Purrbox -- plant your tank! <3

Back
Top Bottom