A Million Plant Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry the cam isn't the best. The first pic is of this green speckled looking stuff. To me I think I can see the plant decaying under it.

The second one is something that is clinging to the leaf. It is a tiny white speck surrounded by a clear yolk/sack

First one looks like BBA. Second one sounds like a snail egg sack, in which case you should KILL IT WITH FIRE.

Nooooooo! *lights match*

In English though.... What is bba? I scraped it with my nail and it is hard.

Also I'm running a dual lamp solarmax ho fixture on my 55g. One flora bulb and the other color max. Can I wiggle by without co2

I've "heard" that dosing excel causes that. I stopped dosing since I heard that in the tank I have Val's in. I'm not sure though but I'm not taking the risk since I use Val as my background pretty much.

No fun... Good to know though. I dosed a few times with excel, others with nutrafin...

I've heard of people using the garden pebble looking fertilizer (oscomote?) instead of root tabs. Have you tried that at all

Most jungle Vals melt and come back. Adjusting to tank parameters of the new tank.

bigbanker said:
No fun... Good to know though. I dosed a few times with excel, others with nutrafin...

I've heard of people using the garden pebble looking fertilizer (oscomote?) instead of root tabs. Have you tried that at all

I have gel caps w Osmocote Plus. Working well in my tanks. My Crypts appreciate them.

Back
Top Bottom