A request for the planted forum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

7Enigma

Aquarium Advice Addict
Mods,

I was wondering if we could have a sticky put together with common nutrient deficiencies and pictures of them to help some of us identify problems as well as see actual examples with common plants (java fern, anubias, swords, etc.). I have found many websites with short blurbs such as, Iron deficiency is characterized by green veins but yellowing leaf edges and so on. It would be great to have a sticky at the top of this forum with detailed and not so detailed descriptions of deficiencies.

I'll update this post later on tonight or tomorrow with some beginning info.

Thanks,

justin

Anyone with the desire to take on a project such as that is welcome to. It does not have to be a staff member. Just submit your offering to a staff member for review and afterwards, pending any changes needed, it will be posted. We also accept articles as well.

The problem with this project is that each plant species exhibits different characteristics under nutrient stress. Many do not have the ability to definitely know if they are producing a Fe deficiency or a Mg deficieny etc. Or maybe it's the low CO2 etc...........

So even if you do get a plant or two with some degree of certainty, generalizing for all plant species is tough.

This is true for argicultural crops also of which far more research and examples exist.....

If you are certain and species specific, then you can get somewhere, otherwise........using the agriculture crop examples works ........

Regards,
Tom Barr

And so i jump in and planted my 28 gallon hex got the fertizer and co2 supplement and the hight light 36x 2 watts on a 10 hrs rotation of light.Any advise for the novice.

jobymoby, read the stickies at the top of the planted tank forum, and then post a new thread with specific questions, and you'll get answers!

Back
Top Bottom