Air stone good or bad?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had a hagen optima for years, that thing sat on two beach towels and I wrapped a hand towels around it and I could still here it in the next room

airpump noise is easy to cure
get a screw top plastic or glass jar or container big enough to fit your pump inside without it
touching sides or bottom
now drill a hole in lid big enough to take airline then seal around it
now do the same for mains ac power lead but push mains lead back threw top before sealing using sealant
you should now have your pump hanging down into jar but not touching sides or bottom
now drill another hole about 1/2 inch to inch and get a piece of soild tubing the correct size for your hole not less than 1/2 inch though stick it in lid seal around it
this will draw the air into jar
right your finished
when you switch on you will have silent pump

airpump noise is easy to cure
get a screw top plastic or glass jar or container big enough to fit your pump inside without it
touching sides or bottom
now drill a hole in lid big enough to take airline then seal around it
now do the same for mains ac power lead but push mains lead back threw top before sealing using sealant
you should now have your pump hanging down into jar but not touching sides or bottom
now drill another hole about 1/2 inch to inch and get a piece of soild tubing the correct size for your hole not less than 1/2 inch though stick it in lid seal around it
this will draw the air into jar
right your finished
when you switch on you will have silent pump

OR! Just find a pump that doesnt make noise :p. I got mine for 15 bucks.. doesnt make a sound that i can hear past being a foot away from it

Back
Top Bottom