Angelfish biotype recreation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

evercl92

Aquarium Advice FINatic
A friend of mine wants me to help him recreate an angelfish biotype, fully planted and such. He'll be using a 55gal tank. I need design ideas, plant species, number of angels to start out with, tankmates, and pictures (if you have something similar).

He'll be using 160wt fluorescent lighting, eco complete, greg watson ferts, haven't decided on CO2 method.

i would start with 4-5 small angels, be plan to find a new home for some of them as a pair forms (55 may only be big enough for one pair when full grown...)

Plants: Swords, Vals, Stargrass, Fanwort...
Fish: School of tetra... (rummy-nose, Cardinals, Sepia...) Cory cats, small plecos, dwarf cichlids (GBR, Bolivians, Apistos...)

need driftwood IMO

i an doing some major re-aquascaping, but you can look at the pics of my 75 gallon S. American Biotope and look in My info for the fish and plants i have in it... :D

Does your friend realize and accept that at some point in time, he will only have two angels in the biotope? Perhaps he would be interested in adding another species? Such as suggested by JDogg?

here is the latest pic of my SA Angel/GBR/Cockatoo Apisto/ Bolivian Ram Biotope :D

img_742790_0_067b58b02a68a53155edc1732aed7d1e.jpg

awesome. Thanks for the input so far.

Yeh, I've made him aware that he'll end up with only 2 angels. I assume any school of tetra will be fine, as long as it's too big to be eaten... ?

Back
Top Bottom