Aponogeton Boivinianus Leaves all died?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

James G

Aquarium Advice Regular
Recently I went on a trip for a week, My apogogetons leaves were all perfect and it was producing a new leaf every few days, I got back from my trip, all the beautiful green leavers were brown and falling apart some new growth was still intact but all the big leaves were dead, All the other plants are doing fine, does anyone know what's happening? thanks.

Recently I went on a trip for a week, My apogogetons leaves were all perfect and it was producing a new leaf every few days, I got back from my trip, all the beautiful green leavers were brown and falling apart some new growth was still intact but all the big leaves were dead, All the other plants are doing fine, does anyone know what's happening? thanks.

Did you have the lights on a timer? A week of full lights or a week of no lights could have done it.

What else did you skip while on vacation? Sometimes small changes are all that's needed to cause a plant to stunt.

A friend came over and turned on and off the lights whenever he could, they may have gone without a light for a day or two, other than having a different light schedule nothing changed.

It may have been the time without light, but many aponogetons shed their leaves and go into a resting phase while the bulb replenishes itself. It may be that these plants hit that stage coincidentally with your trip, or the time with the lights off triggered it. I would trim off the dying leaves and get your tank back on a regular light cycle (I really recommend a timer) and see if they come back.

Back
Top Bottom