Aquarium Rock.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Any one know of a aquarium rock that is realy nice and that will not affect the ph and so on?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

My favorite type of rock is lace rock. It works really well for stacking and looks neat.

Any one know of a aquarium rock that is realy nice and that will not affect the ph and so on?

Some lace will i guess.. the lace I have does not seem to affect the ph.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Tbh i dont realy like lace rock. I am wondering what will look better, rock or wood in a 60 ltr aquarium with dwarf hairgrass?

What do you like better??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Something like this. But do these affect ph and so on? And where do i get these from? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1417546178.655043.jpg

Big chunks of slate look similar to that, my family owns a slate quarry turned water park.

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

O ok. There is a quarry 10 from my name in wales. It has closed now. I will have to go and have a look one day. Do u have to leave them in hot water or something before using the rock?

I would do a vinegar soak in a 1 part vinegar to 10 part water ratio. Only certain rocks are appropriate for aquariums, make sure to check. Once done, rinse or soak well in clean water

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

Ok. After Soaking and everything will it change my ph and so on?

If you get something like limestone. Go with slate or something very inert. Where's the quarry? If it's in PA, it's most likely slate near the Mason-Dixon Line

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

I dont know. Wel the quarry is in wales, carmarthenshire. Llanybydder

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Ohh, can't help you with rock in Wales lol. Maryland born and raised

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

Ok. Ha ha ha. If i buy a big rock in a aquarium shop will i have to soak the rock or can i use it streit away?

Whats the desk gravel/substrate to use if i cover all the floor in the tank with dwarf hair grass?

What is the best gravel/Substrate for these plants? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1417627211.411511.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1417627233.284061.jpg

Are these ok to use? Liquid carbone and fertiliser?

For co2 can i use liquid carbone (like this one on the right)? ?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1417642929.926405.jpg

Back
Top Bottom