Aquariumplant.com Results

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bearfan

Aquarium Advice Addict
Here are a couple of seeds I got from the company that runs Aquariumplant.com (although I got them at my lfs). Pretty cheap for the seeds and if they don't sprout you can get them replaced. They have grown pretty rapidly in medium light (170 watts of 10K in my 72 gal).

As a planted tank newbie, are you saying you bought seed, planted the seed, and voila? The plant grew? So, how long from seed to the picture that you posted?

That's about the long and short of it. The seeds started to sprout in about 3 days and the current growth is about 3 weeks. The nice part is that about 10 seeds were about $4. 40 cents a plant isn't too bad. I got about 60% to sprout the first time, and I am sending back the 4 that didn't and they will replace them.

Bearfan,
Are you sure they weren't bulbs, as opposed to seeds? I've seen the packs of bulbs in the stores, never bought them. Never seen seeds.

I bought their plant assortment online, pretty good results. Wouldn't do it at this time only because of the super-cold winter we are having. shipping would probably freeze everything.

Bulbs, yes Bulbs, not seeds.

mitche8359 - I have a small CO2 system and I do use a liquid plant fertilizer weekly with my water changes.

Back
Top Bottom