Aquascaping advice/help needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheresaM

Aquarium Advice Addict
This is my 5g RCS tank and I'd really appreciate some help with aquascaping. It currently has the nano tree with willow moss, 3 java ferns, some floating Brazilian pennywort, 5 moss balls, and a tiny anubias. This is an LED lit tank with sand substrate.

I definitely want to keep the tree. For a floating plant I can keep the pennywort or switch to najas grass. I do like the java fern in the tank....just not really sure what else to do as far as planted plants.

:thanks:

Attachments

• Dec 31 2014 RCS tank.jpg
    Dec 31 2014 RCS tank.jpg
    264.1 KB · Views: 79
Hi. I would plant the pennywort in the back somewhere, or if you have the time and patience, plant it along the substrate with each leaf sticking up so it's more of a ground cover. I suggest getting some crypts to fill in around the back also and maybe add dwarf sag to the front open area if you don't fill it with pennywort.

From what I've read pennywort doesn't always do well in low light tanks, is that true?

I've been considering dwarf sag, thanks.

Would you keep the moss balls, and if so how many?

Yes, brazilian pennywort will break apart if it's not getting enough light.

I have a soft spot for moss balls, they are one of my most popular sellers. There's a lot you can do with them, but they tend to work best as a filler in a bare spot. Another thing you can do is unroll them and affix them stones or driftwood for a natural looking accent.

I think I'm going to fill in with more java fern and switch to najas as the floater. I'm also considering either putting the 'tree' on its side or breaking it into a few pieces. Any thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom