AquaTek-Mini Issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zer0signal

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Bought a new Aquatek Mini, seem to be having issues with consistent CO2 flow. I know the needle vale can be touchy, and I can dial in the BPS I need to maintain my levels. But once my Co2 turns off at night via the solenoid valve when the AM comes it not even close to the proper BPS, its very low.

Anything I can look at to try and resolve this?

I don't see any leaks anywhere.

Puzzling....if left alone does the bps increase? Generally I see an increased bps when my system turns on(repressurizing )...
I belive Brookster uses the mini as well,it'd be worth picking his brain over...

sit in silence...

Puzzling....if left alone does the bps increase? Generally I see an increased bps when my system turns on(repressurizing )...
I belive Brookster uses the mini as well,it'd be worth picking his brain over...

sit in silence...

Well this morning it turned on at 6AM, by the time i rolled out of bed it was 10AM and it was around 1 BPS instead of 2.6BPS. I did switch out my bubbled counter this morning to the one it came with. See if maybe the check valve may assist with it being normal when its kicked on.

That's odd, my mini is solid.. i run 1 bps though.. what's your diffusion method?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That's odd, my mini is solid.. i run 1 bps though.. what's your diffusion method?

Fluval Ceramic Diffuser.

I am still playing around with it.. I am wondering if its the way I am tuning the bps. You have a lot of resistance when you move forward, and i always seem to go a little to far. So I back it off (very little resistance) and then i get the bps. But when I kill the solinode for a hour or so, then reactivate its lower than what it was tuned to. So i am wondering if I just need to move it slowly forward (the part with resistance) till i get the bps.

Thats currently what I am testing at the moment will know it a little if that solves the problem.

TLDR: I am wondering if backing it down is causing it to be off when its re-activated. Will slowly (VERY VERY Slowly) move it forward to the correct BPS w/o over shooting.

When are you tuning? An hour or so after on?

Yeah this morning and yesterday morning it was 2hrs after was already running.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well, I think we might be good now. I dialed it in yesterday by only moving the needle valve forward (not retracting "overshooting"), and this AM it was dead on. I will know 100% around 2PM once it kicks back on after the siesta.

Fail, Fail, Fail all week long. 2.5bps 3-48hrs later 1 bubble every 20 seconds... :(

I know it cant be any where past the Bubble Counter because it does not control the flow, so last night I took the regulator off the tank, and pulled the solenoid to make sure it was clear. Made sure the needle valve was tight into the regulator, checked the o-rings on the tank. Also did a soapy bubble mix earlier in the week on all the joints and seals (nothing showed up)

Everything looked good, but I did really work that needle valve. Basically just cranked it High Flow <--> Low Flow knob over and over (w/o co2 attached) . I am hoping that now that the resistance in that needle valve has worn a little it might have solved the problem. Its not as hard to turn the needle valve anymore, and I am getting big ole fat bubbles now. Going on 12+ hours w/o a flow problem..

Who knows, I opened a ticket with Aqua-Tek, should know their response (Probably Generic) on Monday.

Send it back.. has to be faulty

Yeah, Ill wait for their response tomorrow on the RMA process, if they give me a hassle about it. I'll take it up with Amazon and have them ship me a new one.

Sounds like it's jank,curious to what the reply will be from aquatek..

sit in silence...

I will keep you posted, I really hope what I did last night resolves it. Because I really hate to be a week w/o Co2 after how well my tank has already rebounded from other issues..

Back
Top Bottom