beta divider

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fredenj

Aquarium Advice Regular
If I get an acrylic or plastic divider for my 5.5 gallon could I then keep a second beta on the other side and if they can see each other would they stress each other out? I've got a male right now, would the second have to be female and would this work for the fish? That'd be 2.75 gallons each. I am not trying to breed but I might like another one. (y)

You could do it without too much difficulty. You could also get two males. Just be sure to get a lid so they don't jump and a black plastic sheet or something along those lines to keep them from seeing each other all the time.

If it were a female with my male would being in each others view still be a problem?

No. The Bettas will try to attack each other through to divider continuously, which stresses them out and causes a shorter life expectancy. Never attach a mirror to the tank for long periods either. They are called Siamese Fighting Fish for a reason.

Back
Top Bottom