Betta build, one more tank? Sure....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brookster123

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey AA, couldn't resist, I'm sure you're all suck of my tank builds by now, only had 54 in the last month;) well I'm turning my 5.5 into a low tech betta chill box for now.

I'll be running the current sat plus 44" rgb strip, i have to use a tight lid because my cat will most definitely want a crack at a bright slow moving fishy.. can't have that, it's not the prettiest but it lights this tank up extremely nicely. Here's the build, I'll post pics of the tank tomorrow, lights off for now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1407711467068.jpg
    1407711467068.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 190
  • 1407711481106.jpg
    1407711481106.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 199
  • 1407711490447.jpg
    1407711490447.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 191
Nothing wrong with another build and I always enjoy them. Hope this one turns our better for you. Following too because I'm wanting to set up my 5gal for a half moon Betta.

Nothing wrong with another build and I always enjoy them. Hope this one turns our better for you. Following too because I'm wanting to set up my 5gal for a half moon Betta.

Technically it's an existing tank rescape, it's been running for months as a fry tank. Just a new light and new look.. ohh yah a sweet betta too!

Suck on what? :eek:

Haha... Cool implementation on the Sat+ strips. Interested to see how they perform and your assessment on them over time!

Following!

Man, i edited that too.. oh well, meant sick haha.. it was on full blast when I fired it up and it was probably putting out 60 par at the substrate, it was ridiculous! I dimmed it 50% and it's still very bright, i love how well these lights can be tuned! Its basically the equivalent to a 24 " Sat plus.. the two rows of diodes anyways. It can be trimmed to length but why would I ever throw away rgb's?!?! Who does that?? Oh let me just snip away this awesomeness and throw it in the trash..

Haha.. I knew what you meant. Just thought I'd mess with ya! Anyways, yeah man.. I wouldn't cut it either. That's cool what you did.. You now have 3 rows of LEDs. Seems better for PAR and coverage.

Haha.. I knew what you meant. Just thought I'd mess with ya! Anyways, yeah man.. I wouldn't cut it either. That's cool what you did.. You now have 3 rows of LEDs. Seems better for PAR and coverage.

Too bad my intention was to keep this simple, low tech.. now that I know its potential?? Maybe a ug carpet haha. .

Looking good. I've seen so many nice bettas at not-so-nice stores that this would be a fun thing to do. I have a 2.5 gallon laying around... :D

And I'm pretty sure that after all the trouble you've had (i.e. cracks), you're more sick of your tanks than we are! :lol:

Looking good. I've seen so many nice bettas at not-so-nice stores that this would be a fun thing to do. I have a 2.5 gallon laying around... :D

And I'm pretty sure that after all the trouble you've had (i.e. cracks), you're more sick of your tanks than we are! :lol:

I had the tank running, it would have been a shame to tear it down. Stupid cracks, I'm not sick of them, just paranoid.. i wake up in the middle of the night to check on the tanks now:( I need help..

:lol: Judging by the second picture you look like you wont be running out of USBs any time soon. :D

Edit: I thought those were USBs now I don't know.

It's a 5.5 gal.. those are my gf ' s lighters, she collects them! she's got 1000 lighters and I'm crazy for having 4 tanks?!? Pfft

I'm having a tough time deciding between moss on a cool piece of dw and a crypt with some floating anarchis or cranking the light up and doing DHG with the bare dw in the back corner to hide heater and internal filter?? Prob do diy co2 get up if I do DHG? ? Decisions decisions. .

Dhg is calling you.... lol

Your gonna make me want a beta tank...

It's just sitting in a bucket waiting for a home :/ do it! Get the sat strip too! Its my most rewarding led purchase yet.. zero regret, ear to ear smile!

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! NO TO DHG!!

That is all from me lol

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Hahaha was waiting for that.. too late.. already scaped it in my mind on the way back from my new lfs:) it's only going to be Dhg, take it over baby!! Diy co2 and light higher than Tommy chong.

Hahaha was waiting for that.. too late.. already scaped it in my mind on the way back from my new lfs:) it's only going to be Dhg, take it over baby!! Diy co2 and light higher than Tommy chong.

Shame, could of been great as well.

Lol only joking! Im sure this will be great mate. Just counting down the days until i start my new build :) cant wait!! Although it involves a drive into another country for hardscape but nevermind

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Shame, could of been great as well.

Lol only joking! Im sure this will be great mate. Just counting down the days until i start my new build :) cant wait!! Although it involves a drive into another country for hardscape but nevermind

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Wahhhh?!?! Are you heading to chisel off a chunk of the Berlin Wall or something? ? I've said it before and I'll say it again.. you're the only person who hates on Dhg;)

Back
Top Bottom