Bottle for glut?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Atxpunx

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I don't seem to have an empty seachem bottle and it's slow going to empty my current bottle of flourish. Has anyone seen anything on eBay ok for gluteraldehyde to go into ( opaque bottle, 100-500ml )? Thanks for any info.

Cha boi Jessie.

They use to say it's light sensitive, now they say it's not. I still get metricide in a white jug so I put it in a white bottle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

They use to say it's light sensitive, now they say it's not. I still get metricide in a white jug so I put it in a white bottle.

+1 just find an opaque bottle. I like the 500ml api bottles because they have a foser cap, just dump out the contents and use it for prime :)

Same here. It shows up in clear'ish bottles which I put away in the cupboard. For dosing I just use an old opaque bottle.

I have picked up sauce bottles (from dollar stores) for ferts dosing. But went with a good bottle for storing glut so I don't accidentally get any on me (since the solution is 10%).

Does anyone have a link to a purchasable bottle? My problem is not having one. I might just buy some prime and dump it to use the bottle (I have well water).

Cha boi Jessie.

It does break down in light.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...VViDJA&usg=AFQjCNH1aOtWtFg4mXhzW0B8uE0eWvtSzg

Never thought about it before, but many people are running sunsun canisters with attached uv sterilizers.

It does break down in light.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...VViDJA&usg=AFQjCNH1aOtWtFg4mXhzW0B8uE0eWvtSzg

Never thought about it before, but many people are running sunsun canisters with attached uv sterilizers.

Hmm, wondering now too.

Any thoughts on what it degrades to? Wondering if uv just speeds up the process (I guess plants would get less time to use it though) or if it degrades to something different?

I could try switching off the UV unit and see if any difference to BBA / plant growth? Not sure how else to test this.

I run a sunsun w uv... hmmmmmmm....

Ah, makes sense.

I'm not sure how much difference it will make but I'll switch UV off for a few weeks and see if any change.

Back
Top Bottom