Can someone ID these plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishfreek

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok I got some plants from a friend and they did not konw what type and I would like to know so I can atleast see what kind of light and water requirments they need.

Here is a photo...

name2plants.jpg

The big plant and then the little long leafed plant to the right of it.

I could be wrong...

I could be wrong here, but the Green one looks like a house plant! I have 1 looks just like it called a Peace Lilly. The more I look, I am 99% sure that's what it is. Did your friend have any sucess with it?

Fish stores are famous for selling terrestrial plants as submerged, they don't do well for long.

Dunnow about the other one, but it doesn't look too happy just yet.

I need a good AQ plant ref. book myself.

I know absolutly nothing about plants so you could be correct. Either way the old home for these plants was poorly lit expecially if you take out the ambient light from the room. The plants where in a stock 55 gal with a stock 55 gal canopy with two small sinble bulb fixtures. Probably 30W total.

Now they are in a 29 with 40W of light. I know another 20W would be better but that might come in a few weeks after I see how the plants are doing.

The one plant on the right has a big bulb on the bottom.

Name that plant

Hi. I have never seen those plants before, But if you go to WWW.FishVet.com, They have an area where you can veiw pictures and get info on a large asst. of aquatic plants.
Good luck

EMS503

Back
Top Bottom