Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Planted Tanks
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-09-2002, 09:23 PM   #1
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Can someone ID these plants

Ok I got some plants from a friend and they did not konw what type and I would like to know so I can atleast see what kind of light and water requirments they need.

Here is a photo...

The big plant and then the little long leafed plant to the right of it.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 10:36 AM   #2

I could be wrong...

I could be wrong here, but the Green one looks like a house plant! I have 1 looks just like it called a Peace Lilly. The more I look, I am 99% sure that's what it is. Did your friend have any sucess with it?

Fish stores are famous for selling terrestrial plants as submerged, they don't do well for long.

Dunnow about the other one, but it doesn't look too happy just yet.

I need a good AQ plant ref. book myself.
Old 09-10-2002, 11:28 AM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
I know absolutly nothing about plants so you could be correct. Either way the old home for these plants was poorly lit expecially if you take out the ambient light from the room. The plants where in a stock 55 gal with a stock 55 gal canopy with two small sinble bulb fixtures. Probably 30W total.

Now they are in a 29 with 40W of light. I know another 20W would be better but that might come in a few weeks after I see how the plants are doing.

The one plant on the right has a big bulb on the bottom.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2002, 08:13 PM   #4

well, lol, that does look like a peace lily...... 8O
Old 09-11-2002, 08:55 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Name that plant

Hi. I have never seen those plants before, But if you go to WWW.FishVet.com, They have an area where you can veiw pictures and get info on a large asst. of aquatic plants.
Good luck

EMS503

Tags
plant, plants

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com