Cheap CF bulbs for 3 more days!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

7Enigma

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey everyone,

Not to spam (I have no affiliation with this company) but I just received an email about Hellolights.com's yearly sale.

A good portion of their CF bulbs (both 50/50 and daylight) are on sale for $10 a piece and under $50 orders are $7 for shipping. I picked up a 50/50, and a daylight for $27 including shipping which is about as cheap as a single bulb without shipping. It would be much better per bulb to get 3 or 4 but I have a single 24" 65w hood light (those of you with 55's would be more apt to get 4 since you'll have 2 sets of lights).

Very good deal IMO! I'm just hoping the bulbs aren't junk....sale ends the 29th.

HTH

That's one of the sites I've seen recommended several times for custom built lighting, so I'm pretty sure you'll be happy with the results. Since I don't currently have any spare bulbs on hand, I should probably check them out to see if they carry what I need. Thanks for the heads up on the discount.

I heard about them from a member on here back when I was looking to upgrage from my 17w NO hood. Figured I should give back! :D

I looked, and they are having some good deals, but make sure you read the specifics on the bulbs....the 96 watt bulbs are a weird K rating. The 65 watt bulbs looked more "normal"

newfound77951 said:
I looked, and they are having some good deals, but make sure you read the specifics on the bulbs....the 96 watt bulbs are a weird K rating. The 65 watt bulbs looked more "normal"

Good point. I only have a 24" 65w fixture and so only looked at those but buyer beware, please check your specific bulb specs to make sure you're not purchasing something you don't want!

Now I remember why I haven't ordered from them before. They only carry one of the three bulb sizes that I need. Ah well.

Back
Top Bottom