clear "mushrooms" on my plants?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Superpleco

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i recently noticed a bunch of clear mushroom looking growth on most, if not all of my floating plants. It doesn't seem to be effecting any of them, but i have scoured google with no results. anyone at all have any idea what i have going on? my only thought could be some kind of freshwater jellyfish polyp, but they don't quite look like that either. they are very VERY good at staying put, even using my fingers to wipe them off leaves takes a good amount of effort

Attachments

• 100MEDIA$IMAG0156.jpg
    100MEDIA$IMAG0156.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 128
that was my initial thought, but if you look, the heads are singular units, no the typical hydra multi head monsters we all know and hate. if you zoom the picture to full size its about as good a look as any you can get of them. they are primarily on the floating plants and very few and few between the deeper it gets.

Kind of wierd! If they are just on your floaters I'd just take them out and do some type of dip on them (I don't think I'd want to tempt fate and find they are something potentially bad). Unless someone else comes up with an answer you can just chalk this up to one of the many mysteries of keeping a planted tank.

in the interest of anyone else who runs into these guys, i found that a bit more water flow seemed to clear up most of them. i don't think its anything to worry about in terms of parasite or anything, but more of a sign you need to stir things up a bit

I have the same thing but it grows where the water flow is fastest under the hob filter on plastic plants that I added 4 days ago……

Back
Top Bottom