co2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
powerhead if you want... or a glass diffuser.

Yes, when the timer goes off, the solenoid shuts the flow of co2.

price depends. you can get them filled as cheap as $10 or so, but it may be a little more depending on where you go

i think i will go with the glass diffuser just because i dont want the foggy look in my tank. is this logical thinking?

There is no need to spend $34 on a check valve. You can get one for less than a buck probably at your lfs.

keeps water from going back to your bubble counter...

if you have any gluing skills at all, an inline wont leak. it requires gluing a few pieces of PVC together and hooking your output tube to it. but, i won't push you if you don't feel comfortable. go with what you're comfortable with

do i have enough light to make co2 worth it
i have a 36 inch marineland reef led, and a duel t5 ho (on a 35 gallon deep)

also is adding co2 make my tank "high tech" i have herd it is really hard to keep a high tech tank balanced and i dont want to commit my self to a life long battle!

i have about 4 local welding shops, do most of your local welding shops offer to fill your co2?

I think that with running that much light you are going to have a "high tech" tank by default. Because without CO2 and fertilizers you will eventually have fine specimens of many kinds of algae. Been there.
Setting up the Milwaukee regulator is really really easy. I promise it is not as complicated as it looks on the box. You can even bring the regulator with you when you get your CO2 tank and they can demonstrate how to attach it. That's what I did when I set mine up, just to make sure I had all the right parts.

Back
Top Bottom