co2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
how much cheaper are we talking? is a 10 pound cylinder a good size? is that a good price for the cylinder?

My 5lb was $50, so double the size for double the cash... seems logical to me.

If you go with what I originally said, you can do it for about $150. I've looked, you're not going to find a better deal on a regulator.

you mean i could put a good co2 system together including the cylinder for 150$? how would you know that all the parts would fit together?

That's what I've been saying the whole time! lol. They don't really fit together. The regulator comes with the solenoid, needle valve, and bubble counter. That hooks up to the cylinder. Then you run tubing from the bubble counter to the diffusor (that's where the DIY reactor I mentioned comes in, or a powerhead if you want). Then you have a drop checker in the tank, like fort explained. Plus, the Milwaukee regulators are considered some of the best. I'm not too sure about the red sea brand.

i feel so stupid i thought this co2 thing would cost me 300$ lol i think i am going to order the stuff right now!

Haha. Now, you might as well but a $25-50 buffer in there though. I did mine pretty cheap, mainly because i DIY'd my reactor and did some serious shopping around before buying. You can easily spend $300 on this stuff if you're not careful where you spend your money. Also, check in to the cost of refilling your co2 cylinder. If the cost of a 10lb cylinder isn't much more than a 5lb cylinder, it may work out cheaper in the long run to go with the 10lb. If it's double, then its up to you.

You also need co2 tubing. The one from eseason gear comes with enough. You can also buy a check valve (brass is best, but plastic works if you replace them every now and then). Not completely necessary, but always a good idea.

Need a diffusion method with it as well. And a timer to turn the solenoid off and on, if you aren't going with a pH meter.

i run into a problem the ad says "110v only" my house outlets run at 120v will this be a problem?

no, mines the same. I can't remember how that works, but i'm pretty sure its only 110 volts at the plug. Its been so long since i was out of school.

when you say a timer do you mean just a clock timer or is it special for the co2 set up?

so when the timer goes off so does the co2 flow to the tank?

what would you recommend to use as a defuser (i dont want to mess with my canister filter)

what defushion method should i use (i dont want to mess with my canister filter)

Back
Top Bottom