Co2 injection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

1HellerofaGuy

Aquarium Advice Regular
Does anyone run their CO2 into a canister filter intake? Does this provide better dissolution into the water? Or am I just wasting my time?

I've done it, I would not do it again. The noise drove me crazy plus i had CO2 gas being trapped everywhere in my filtration. I don't think it would be too good for the bacteria in your filter as well. That being said it would act like a reactor, so CO2 would be dissolving in your tank. What is the reason for you wanted to do this instead of a diffuser/atomizer/reactor?

I'm using a reactor. Right now I have the reactor under my filter intake. I thought it would help the CO2 dissolve

Usually a reactor splices into the return line of a canister filter so as to not get gummed up with waste from the tank.

Usually a reactor splices into the return line of a canister filter so as to not get gummed up with waste from the tank.

100% true, you want it on the return side so if it does build up it just blasts a few bubbles into the tank rather than making the propeller skip ;)

I'm using a glass/ceramic reactor. And currently letting the FX4 intake suck in the co2 micro bubbles

I'm using a glass/ceramic reactor. And currently letting the FX4 intake suck in the co2 micro bubbles

The glass/ceramic "reactor" is what most would call a diffuser. In that case I would place it in a spot where the bubbles would get blown around the inside of the tank via the outflow of the filter, most often placed underneath the return nozzle of a canister filter. Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom