CO2 regulator problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

krap101

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a jbj co2 solenoid regulator, and it seems the output pressure gauge is possibly faulty. Without pressure, the gauge says something like 30 psi, but when I put pressure, the indicator goes down.

So, I figured out how to get the valve to show 0 again, but when I open up the pressure tankside, the low pressure gauge will show around 25 psi and then start lowering as I open up the needle valve more.

Okay, one more idea. Maybe I'm misunderstanding how this is supposed to work. Is the low pressure gauge supposed to measure the internal pressure of the regulator or the output pressure? Because if it is the internal pressure, then this makes sense, since greater output=less internal pressure, while the high pressure gauge measures the pressure inside of the tank?

Btw, I have a 5lb aluminum tank, and the tank pressure is sitting at around 600psi. Is this normal?

You're close....

The low pressure side measures the pressure on the backside of the regulator, after the 900ish-psi in the tank has been regulated down to whatever you set it to (a full tank should be around 900-1100 psi). So, like you said, greater output will cause the guage to read lower pressure, and high-side is what's in the tank and should remain fairly constant.

If you pressurize the low-side by opening the tank, but have no output (i.e. the needle valve is completely closed) when you can turn off the tank and still maintain that pressure on the low side of the regulator. Until you release it, it should pretty much hold there.

Also, I was thinking and I figured out that the internal wasn't being released because when I unplugged it to look at it, the solenoid shut off, so it wasn't releasing the pressure..

kk thanks

Back
Top Bottom