Cole's Rescape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I might need to get a drop checker.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yah, unless you can monitor the fish 24/7 for strange behavior, if you order off amazon and have any questions, ask? I've just botched an order myself..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Is there a good brand of drop checker I should look for pr are they all pretty much the same?

Dkh* oops xD is it just a product or something?

Yah, stuff that turns colors when co2 is present;) I'm very new to all this so double check all my nonsense

I think it actually looks like carbonate hardness, not certain.

So is the fluval reagent good quality? It looks a bit complicated to make a DIY solution.

So does it measure presence of co2 because the range it says it measures is actually ph, and says that green (a neutral ph) is that optimal amount of co2. My tank is now, with the new substrate, at like 6.0. Would that throw off the drop checker?

What's the substrate again? My b, yah I think it does that but also measures saturation and pH swing.. if you baseline blue like normal, if it hits yellow your ph is fluctuating to much and your fish will suffer. This is my guesstimate on actual facts anyways

It's the ADA AS Amazonia

Right . right, that stuff leaches a bit? Don't think it will affect much, not sure though, search it in tpt, I've seen quite a bit on its use over there..

Yeah my water out of the tap is 8.0 it is awesome, may have to do a bit of a wc to level it out.

You sure it's really 8.0?? You gas it off for a day? Mine comes out upper 8 and settles to low 7

Yeah man it's ludicrous like high 7-8 ph in my cichlid tank.

I actually just tested some water that's been sitting around a few days and it's at roughly 7.5

I actually just tested some water that's been sitting around a few days and it's at roughly 7.5

Sounds about right, you in thah citayyy?

Yeah I live just a couple miles north of downtown phoenix

Back
Top Bottom