Cole's Rescape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So my tank get's a little bit of natural light from a skylight outside my room and from my window and you know what's funny is, even though the window is across the room the plants prefer the natural light to the dual sat+

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

So my tank get's a little bit of natural light from a skylight outside my room and from my window and you know what's funny is, even though the window is across the room the plants prefer the natural light to the dual sat+

Careful with that.. i thought it was all flowers and squirrel s too, bam algae got me..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If the natural light is present before the light fixtures come on, then the plants will gravitate towards it. It may take several hours before they bend towards the sat+'s. I ended up taping a piece of cardboard to the side of the tank to decrease the natural light.
Oh yeah, watch out for algae.

Yeah I generally don't kick my lights on until 10am and the morning light comes in, it's kinda dim but it's there.

I think it was fresh and another memeber, the deducted that the main reason some of the plants grew towards a certain direction was from seeking out the natural/prominent light source.. kinda cool!

I think it was fresh and another memeber, the deducted that the main reason some of the plants grew towards a certain direction was from seeking out the natural/prominent light source.. kinda cool!

Cough cough lol

Things suddenly have hit the fan in my tank I suddenly just lost one guppy and my looks like 2nd gourami is on it's way out. I lost the other the day before the rescape, I am kind befuddled I'm chalking it up to my bad fish care, I failed to acclimate my fish back to the tank and just had an ammonia spike. I dosed api ammo lock, being all that I have at the moment. I read ammo lock just detoxifies the ammonia until it can be broken down. The ammonia read .5ppm and the rebuild happened days ago so I'm not sure if the ph swing would have caused the delayed reaction or if it was just the combination of that and the ammonia spiking.

Sorry to hear about the fish. Some decent water changes might be in order to resolve the ammonia level issues.

Ouch bud, yah treat the tank like it's cycling and test and wc as needed.. sorry bout the fish.

That fish is so strange, it's been acting half dead for a month. Seeing as the other died before the change rather suddenly I might add, I can't help but feel it could be in part to bad breeding or I purchased them as adults. They've been in my tank for 15-16 months so the latter seems unlikely to me.

That's a decent run, may just he their time to go? Stressed perhaps?

I wouldn't doubt it with everything that's been getting done.

I decided I'm going to buy some corkscrew val to line my regular val and if they have it dwarf sag., a few more bronze crypts and maybe one or two super red rosette plants. I need to get a better diffuser, a drop checker, 4dkh solution and the active co2 reagent.

Edit: What are some of your favorite red rosettes? I don't even know where to start.

So I'm finally ordering my pps and I decided to take a look at their diffusers and the prices look really good, for an in tank Atomic+CO2 Diffuser - with Check Valve - 50mm it's $32.99, the $30.00 for pps is an insane deal and $10 for CO2 tubing doesn't seem to horrible the places near me don't even sell it so I can't complain.

So I'm finally ordering my pps and I decided to take a look at their diffusers and the prices look really good, for an in tank Atomic+CO2 Diffuser - with Check Valve - 50mm it's $32.99, the $30.00 for pps is an insane deal and $10 for CO2 tubing doesn't seem to horrible the places near me don't even sell it so I can't complain.

The PPS and tubing are good prices. Cannot comment on the diffuser since I use a $5 GLA's diffuser from Amazon. Prolly wait until you get a chance to review the GLA one before I upgrade it.

Unfortunately, I'm having to break up the purchase because I'm working part time on almost minimum wage :/.

Just noticed a thin layer of algae covering the glass of my aquarium do you think ferts would help or make the situation worse I have my pressurized co2 set up at just over 2bps and lights are on for 8 hours a day. What's the best move? My pps is on the way so it could be a few days before I can get it into full swing. I might also mention I'm using a ceramic diffuser that is not getting full co2 dissolution.

Back
Top Bottom