Corydoras and plants?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Austin.b

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi, i was wandering if i Can add corydoras to a planted tank? The substrate will be black flourite sand. I was also thinking about adding kuhili loaches. Will there be any problems with the loaches and the corydoras up rooting the plants or making the water cloudy? Thanks!!

I have corys in a planted tank, they sometimes dig up my smaller plants but generally are fine

I keep cories in all my planted tanks. The issue is small plants with small root systems such as glosso or HC. Most plants will be fine :)

What size tank?

I wouldn't put kuhlis in anything smaller than a 30 gallon. They need room to zoom.

My corys don't bother my plants at all, neither do my kuhlis.

Hi, i was wandering if i Can add corydoras to a planted tank? The substrate will be black flourite sand. I was also thinking about adding kuhili loaches. Will there be any problems with the loaches and the corydoras up rooting the plants or making the water cloudy? Thanks!!

Hello Austin...

I've kept species of Corys in my planted tanks for several years and they've never damaged my plants. Corys prefer a sand substrate, and are extremely peaceful fish. I've found they're the only fish I can keep with my Fancy Guppies.

I've never kept Loaches, but I understand they're generally peaceful and should get along well with your Corys.

B

Aquarium_Lover04 said:
I keep cories in all my planted tanks. The issue is small plants with small root systems such as glosso or HC. Most plants will be fine :)

Aww, I was thinking about having a nice carpet of HC, do you think it would still be possible?

LyndaB said:
What size tank?

I wouldn't put kuhlis in anything smaller than a 30 gallon. They need room to zoom.

My corys don't bother my plants at all, neither do my kuhlis.

It is going to be a 40 breeder:) would I have a problem having a carpet of HC? Also, would the kuhilis be ok with HC too?

BBradbury said:
Hello Austin...

I've kept species of Corys in my planted tanks for several years and they've never damaged my plants. Corys prefer a sand substrate, and are extremely peaceful fish. I've found they're the only fish I can keep with my Fancy Guppies.

I've never kept Loaches, but I understand they're generally peaceful and should get along well with your Corys.

B

Yeah lol, I've always wanted cory's because they're so peaceful but could never have them because I've never had any sand tanks:( I'm glad to hear that the loaches will be ok with the cory's!!

Austin.b said:
Smaller pants like lobelia?

Mine tend to uproot my baby tears can't recall the scientific name. Just because they try and eat the root tabs lol!

The only problem i have is my khulis tend to drag the remaining algae wafer under their log where the corys cant get it

maestromad said:
Mine tend to uproot my baby tears can't recall the scientific name. Just because they try and eat the root tabs lol!

Thats funny lol is it dwarf baby tears, or the regular baby tears?

Austin.b said:
Thats funny lol is it dwarf baby tears, or the regular baby tears?

I think regular, try aren't very tall but have tiny leaves, I think they are really pretty ad my corys like digging them lol

Austin.b said:
Aww, I was thinking about having a nice carpet of HC, do you think it would still be possible?

If you want a nice carpet it's best to establish the HC before you add cories, just incase they uproot it

Aquarium_Lover04 said:
If you want a nice carpet it's best to establish the HC before you add cories, just incase they uproot it

Oh sounds good thanks for all the help!

Back
Top Bottom