Couple questions for a beginner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mickeybags

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all,
I have several questions about lighting and some help with plants I currently have in my tank.

First off is the lighting. I currently have a single aqueon 15w t8 bulb. I'm not sure what type of light it is though. I have 2 Anubis nana, 2 bocopa and 3 large crypt that I moved from another tank. My question is; what is the best bulb for growing plants? I was thinking of upgrading to an LED bar like a finnex but in the meantime is there a cheaper option?

My next question is about the bocopa. The guy at petsmart said he has it in his 5 gallon and he uses it to carpet. ( I was going to get dwarf hair grass but he said that was difficult to grow). I bought it just not caring whether it spreads or not. Will it actually spread and carpet like he said? I use liquid co2 daily and seachem flourish every other day.

Thanks!

Dorm room fish keeper

I recently set up a new tank using 100watt 6500k compact fluorescent bulbs..check my build thread "New 20g Long Build" in this section..I have about $30 wrapped up in the lighting..

Getcha feet wet fish tank people!

Also pick up API Leafzone to dose along with seachem comprehensive..

The rock on the dw is there to hold it down until it completely water logged...

Back
Top Bottom