Day 1 of 55 Gal planted discus tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Prediscus23

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just finished the base substrate sculpting on my new 55 gal tank. I am using fluorite as a base and am going to cap with a darker substrate to plant in for the majority of the tank. The right side of the tank I am putting pool sand and leaving Barron. (I have some tricks up my sleeve that I think y'all will love, stay tuned) I am doing a full high-tech tank (pressurized co2). The lighting is going to be an 4x54 watt T5HO setup, 216 watts all together. Haven't decided on fauna yet, I am open to suggestions.

image-1887852846.jpg

I just finished the base substrate sculpting on my new 55 gal tank. I am using fluorite as a base and am going to cap with a darker substrate to plant in for the majority of the tank. The right side of the tank I am putting pool sand and leaving Barron. (I have some tricks up my sleeve that I think y'all will love, stay tuned) I am doing a full high-tech tank (pressurized co2). The lighting is going to be an 4x54 watt T5HO setup, 216 watts all together. Haven't decided on fauna yet, I am open to suggestions.

Sounds interesting. I am following but I know nothing about high lighy lol

I'm following but have kinda grown out of high tech planted tanks for me it's more about the natural balance.

Not sure yet on the cycling but, more than likely fish in cycling since I don't have a place really to get the ammonia I need to do fishless cycle.

Not sure yet on the cycling but, more than likely fish in cycling since I don't have a place really to get the ammonia I need to do fishless cycle.

Do you not have a grocery store or a hardware store near you? You could also do a fishless cycle with some dead shrimp (the kind you eat).

Do you not have a grocery store or a hardware store near you? You could also do a fishless cycle with some dead shrimp (the kind you eat).

I'll have to do some research on fishless, I've never done it before. I have some seeded media from another tank I was gunna use to help jump start it.

Back
Top Bottom