Diy Co2 question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

permagrin

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a question

At night with your Diy Co2 I kind of figure you can't really turn it off. I guess you would have a big mess in the morning. And I've heard that you should use airstones at night to dissipate the Co2. For a 45 gal tank how many airstones would you run.

Well, it's not really the amount of airstones you use, it's how strong your airpump is.

When buying an airpump they normally tell you what it is rated for. Like 10 gallon, 20 gallon, ect.

Since you have a 45G tank, you'll want a airpump suited for around there.

Then after you buy the pump, you can choice any airstone you one to put in the tank, I strongly suggest nothing to big, something small and simple. I run a 5 dollar pump on my planted 5G tank at night. Airstone cost me about 0.45 cent. It's just a small cillender shape.

I suggest just getting an airpump suitable for your tank size, getting some airtubing (very cheap) and just get a simple airstone, nothing fancy since you run it only at night anyways. Not showing it off much with the lights off. My airstone was only 50 cents so you could prob get something like that.

Hope that helps.

It depends on your CO2 levels in the tank. It may not be necessary. But, if your CO2 levels are off the charts in the morning, then a single airstone would do the trick.

Definitely do not attempt to shut it off at night - it will blow up. :)

Back
Top Bottom