Dry ferts question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smcoyle87

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am interested in making the switch from the commercial liquid ferts to dry ferts.
My question is if I need to be using R/O water for dosing dry ferts or can I continue to use the water from my tap?
Which is relatively hard water but not too hard.

Even saying that my tap water is "relatively hard" seems like too much. Lol, my tap water is not like "very hard water".

I am interested in making the switch from the commercial liquid ferts to dry ferts.
My question is if I need to be using R/O water for dosing dry ferts or can I continue to use the water from my tap?
Which is relatively hard water but not too hard.

You couldn't use tap water. I'm just buying distilled water by the gallon from my local grocery store.

There's no reason to switch to RODI for your tank water. If you're wanting to make premixed solutions, you shouldn't make a solution with hard water and CSM+B (macros will be fine), but a gallon of distiller water bought from a grocery store will last you a long time for this purpose.

Ok cool. Yeah my question was about using R/O water for my entire tank. But if I can use the tap water for water changes, and then use distilled water to make the fert solution, that's awesome.

Thanks guys

Ok cool. Yeah my question was about using R/O water for my entire tank. But if I can use the tap water for water changes, and then use distilled water to make the fert solution, that's awesome.

Thanks guys

No problem. Sounds good

Back
Top Bottom