Dwarf Hairgrass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HiJaC

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi,

I'm working up to redoing my shrimp tank to sommit a bit more planted.

I've got this plan in mind for a mostly hairgrass tank, the small and tall types.

I've checked the spec's on Plantgeek and it's saying medium-high light.

I'm currently running 1 x 9 w arc pod with a plant bulb on the 20L tank. I have another one i can probably fit over it, bringing it to 18w, which i think/hope will be enough.

Is there anything else I should know about this plant and its care/needs?

I was planning on using excel instead of CO2, will this be ok?

I read somewhere there was a japanese type too, does anyone have any photos?

Thanks in advance,

Jac

The 18 watts should be enough. There is only one way to find out if it will work. The Excel will do fine with the hairgrass.

My only concern would be if there is any copper in the Excel. Copper toxicity is always a concern with inverts. If the excel is copper free, you are probably golden.

My only concern would be if there is any copper in the Excel. Copper toxicity is always a concern with inverts. If the excel is copper free, you are probably golden.

Flourish Excel is a carbon supplement only. It only contains one ingrediant and it isn't copper.

Flourish Excel is a carbon supplement only. It only contains one ingrediant and it isn't copper.

Ya my bad, was getting the various Flourishes (is that a real word?) mixed up. The sad thing is I should know that, being as I used to dose one of my tanks with Flourish Excel.

Think I need some more coffee... :(

I have dwarf hairgrass in my 5 Gallon planted aquarium. All I got is a 15w heat fixture with reflectors. No CO2. Some liquid PlantGro NPK. Sand from my Local River. Not much really. And It's growing fine. Not very fast but it's growing.

Back
Top Bottom