Dwarf Hairgrass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mab2000

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have had dwarf hair grass planted in my tank for about a month and a half. It has not died on me but it also has not really grown or spread out. I have a 10 gallon tank with 2 23w Cfl 6500k bulbs. I have CO2 running and I even changed my substrate from regular gravel to an Eco complete brand. Is there something I am missing or doing wrong? Like I said they are a pretty green but just aren't spreading out.

Putting some root tabs in it might help, but... Hair grass kinda does that. It will sit on its duff for a few weeks to a few months, and then explode with runners. Two months is not an uncommon amount of time to wait for it to establish itself.

Putting some root tabs in it might help, but... Hair grass kinda does that. It will sit on its duff for a few weeks to a few months, and then explode with runners. Two months is not an uncommon amount of time to wait for it to establish itself.

Thanks for the reply. I have root tabs down and I also use Nutrafin Plant gro once a week. Also when I do water changes I use flourish excel. I will be more patient and give it more time.

So you're using excel and co2. Excel is only effective if its dosed daily, and is entirely outclassed co2.

Yeah I am not sure why I am even using it. I used it how the directions said to for about two weeks and really didn't notice a difference in my plants. I really should just cut it out of my maintenance schedule. I think I just bought it on an impulse without really doing any research on it.

Back
Top Bottom