Dwarf Hairgrass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mine doesn't grow tall enough to worry about that, an inch and a half or so. Just get some ghost shrimp to pick out debris and keep it clean.

No reason why you couldn't though if you really wanted to. Most species of aquatic and terrestrial plants take to trimming just fine. Just don't trim too large a precentage of it in a single go.

Yes you can. Height on most grasses and carpets depends on lighting intensity. Just turn off the filter and mow your grass :)

Be warned that trimming grass makes it susceptible to algae, as it has what is comparable to an open wound. Like the above advice, just don't trim it to much at one go.

What I do is to clip the plants, get them exactly where I want them, and use a net to skim the top of the tank for several minutes until I've collected all of the floating clippings. It takes a while, so I make sure I'm done with the clipping before I start skimming. Otherwise the clippings have a tendency to clog my filter intakes.

Back
Top Bottom