Dying amazon sword, how to care for

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AC-X2

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a amazon sword plant and the leaves keep turning a clear/grey color then dying. I have EcoComplete subs, it's a 20 gal tall tank, standard lighting, and I have java fern and Anubias also. What do I need to do differently? Should I buy some root tabs?

Thanks!

yea stick a root tab under it by the roots, seachem root tabs are good

Will do, I'm going to the store tomorrow probably. What about fertilizer? Do I need those?

That's what root tabs are. Liquid ferts in the water column would help your anubias and java fern though.

You know... I have had a 500ML bottle of Seachem flourish for like 3 months now for my 55G, 30g and 27g... and Its only half empty.. lol You only need to use the stuff once a week and its extremely concentrated..

The only liquid fert that does run out often is API leafzone.. I am on my second bottle now first was a 250ml and the second is a 500ml that's about 1/4 full. But that stuff again is only once a week.. The stuff that does get expensive is Liquid CO2... I don't even use the stuff anymore because of that.

How long have you had the sword for ? If its less than a month old... that's why its doing that..

You know... I have had a 500ML bottle of Seachem flourish for like 3 months now for my 55G, 30g and 27g... and Its only half empty.. lol You only need to use the stuff once a week and its extremely concentrated..

The only liquid fert that does run out often is API leafzone.. I am on my second bottle now first was a 250ml and the second is a 500ml that's about 1/4 full. But that stuff again is only once a week.. The stuff that does get expensive is Liquid CO2... I don't even use the stuff anymore because of that.

How long have you had the sword for ? If its less than a month old... that's why its doing that..

I've had it for maybe a month, but it was one of those that was already grown and in a plastic tube with the gel stuff.

You know... I have had a 500ML bottle of Seachem flourish for like 3 months now for my 55G, 30g and 27g... and Its only half empty.. lol You only need to use the stuff once a week and its extremely concentrated.. The only liquid fert that does run out often is API leafzone.. I am on my second bottle now first was a 250ml and the second is a 500ml that's about 1/4 full. But that stuff again is only once a week.. The stuff that does get expensive is Liquid CO2... I don't even use the stuff anymore because of that. How long have you had the sword for ? If its less than a month old... that's why its doing that..

Yeah my flourish lasted for quite a while. If you look into Metricide as your liquid CO2 it's much cheaper than Excel.

What does that mean? (Sorry, I'm new to planted tanks.)

Macros are potassium, nitrate,and phosphate. The things that plants use large quantities of. Micros are iron,boron and other trace elements that are needed in small amounts.

Back
Top Bottom