Eco complete

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reygan2

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm changing my 29g substrate to eco complete along with a mixture of black sand and gravel. Will one 20lb bag of eco complete work or should I get another bag? I'm not sure how much is necessary.

For my 40gal breeder I used 3 bags of fluorite ~the same amount of bedding as eco. This only gave me maybe 1.5" of even substrate.

For my 40gal breeder I used 3 bags of fluorite ~the same amount of bedding as eco. This only gave me maybe 1.5" of even substrate.

Yikes...I have to pay $28 for eco. I guess I need at least one more bag.

i only had to use one bag in my 20g but i put some other gravel on top of it. petco has it on sale right now for 18. but if you are adding the other stuff i dont see why you wont be fine!!

Two bags would probably be enough unless you are wanting to be creative with slopes.

I already have quite a bit of black gravel from a previous tank, I was thinking I could mix it together with some left over black sand I have from my 10g. I'm just concerned that eventually the paint will come off of the black gravel.

I just did this exact thing with my 20g except I only had black gravel I mixed it with...I think it turned out great! I'd say if u already have atleast 1 inch of black gravel 1 bag of eco should be fine IMO.

ForumRunner_20120705_083046.jpg

Bad camera angle from my phone but this is how mine looks. I mad the front around 1 inch and the separated areas are 2-3.

That looks good!! Similar to mine but with brown gravel. I think you will be fine with the one bag:) post pics when ur done!!!

That looks good!! Similar to mine but with brown gravel. I think you will be fine with the one bag:) post pics when ur done!!!

Will do...but I will probably get one more bag of eco to add to the mix.

Back
Top Bottom